HG Zaku High Mobility The Origin kit

Thinking about my next build and fancy having another go at a dio. So with that I have a small tank and a robot with a massive axe......robot smashing tank.....sounds good to me.

This is the tank and I must say it's very nice little kit.

20170929_162449

20170929_162413

20170929_162407

This it snapped together with no effort.

IMAG0010

But should end up a bit like this.

IMAG0011

IMAG0012

Edited by rockpopandchips
  • Like 4

Oh ho, that's what I saw on Flickr :) I really like this kit, I have all the parts prepped for paint in ziplock bags but for some reason haven't progressed past that stage yet.

I was trying to work out if it was possible to support the entire model from the axe haft, so it could be in a mid-air smash...

Will

• Like 2

OO this sounds good, really good! I'm rewatching Gundam Wing, can't believe it's nearly 20 years old!

I've got to ask, how does the Tiger compare to the Zaku? I'm just wondering as I've noticed the tank is 1/100 and the Zaku is 1/144. :)

Kind Regards,

Dazz

On 06/10/2017 at 8:21 AM, Will Vale said:

Oh ho, that's what I saw on Flickr :) I really like this kit, I have all the parts prepped for paint in ziplock bags but for some reason haven't progressed past that stage yet.

I was trying to work out if it was possible to support the entire model from the axe haft, so it could be in a mid-air smash...

Will

I'm trying out some copper rod at the moment but I think if I go down this road I will have to run it through the arm and into the body of the Zaku for it to work.

On 07/10/2017 at 1:22 PM, Dazzio said:

I've got to ask, how does the Tiger compare to the Zaku? I'm just wondering as I've noticed the tank is 1/100 and the Zaku is 1/144. :)

I find 1/144 tanks far to small I know they are different scales but the 1/100 scale vehicles work better, one I have finished snapping the Zaku I will post up a mock up.

I have built any new HG kits and I must say this is one very nice.

2017-10-08_03-48-29

• Like 1

On 12/10/2017 at 2:39 PM, Gimme Shelter said:

wow - this is different

Thanks.

Painted all the inner frame, light grey and purple parts and removed the large seam on the arms and made a mono eye using a bit of clear pink runner, looks better than the sticker you get with the HG kits.

2017-10-14_01-11-33

IMAG0083

• Like 2

A small change to HG Zaku but one that make the shield a bit more interesting. I cut down the active Heat Hawk to make it inactive and made a small mount on the shield, also extended the bottom of by 2mm.

2017-10-16_09-22-59

• Like 3

Work on the diorama has started, playing around with were to put things and made a start on a junk corner using some PVA and lots of cut up parts. Also having a go a pond using clear silicon. Going to have to think about some lighting for the tank as well at some piont.

20171021_133408

20171021_133320

And a few more busted up parts.

2017-10-21_05-36-53

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Hunter Rose said:

Good start to your diorama, the zaku looks quality!

Thanks, you just got to love a Zaku!

Just made a fence using chopped up skewers and fuse wire, its as small as i could make it and its still a little large but im very happy with it.

2017-10-24_09-28-52

• Like 2