Airfix Dornier Do217E-2 and Spitfire Mk.IX Ready for Action

12 hours ago, GREG DESTEC said:

Totally brilliant models and presentation.

A very different and novel presentation of two wonderful Airfix classics.

Very well done 🏆🏆

Cheers Greg 😂

Many thanks and much appreciated. At the end now, I've forgotten about the bad fits / out of alignment seams etc. - it all seems to melt away when the paint goes on. I really am surprised about what a difference the learning of new techniques (from all you guys in the Britmodeller community) can make. My contribution seems to have been the 'duct tape for hinged undercarriage doors!' although that is one I'll definitely try again if I get the chance.

All the best.

Mike

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Seahawk said:

Zigeunerschnitzel mit Pommes und Mayo: lecker!

I see where The Rocky Horror Show got the inspiration for Riffraff's raygun: it's that thing sticking out of the Dornier's nose.  Whatever was it supposed to be?

I think that that is meant to be a cannon barrel with a ring sight on both the top and the bottom edges - lets the gunner squint below the barrel of the cannon when shooting downwards. However, I could be completely wrong and it is just a moulding error - I did consider trimming off the lower 'thingy' but that would have been sacrilege for a kit of this vintage!!

4 hours ago, malpaso said:

Yes, those comic strips make me laugh - we were all Calvin at some time or another! And had a friend like Hobbs - too sensible and no help at all!

Many thanks.

Mike

• Ventora3300 changed the title to Airfix Dornier Do217E-2 and Spitfire Mk.IX Ready for Action

Excellent post ! Great and funny presentation with two lovely builds.

So it is to to head for the Küche and have a Kaffee, Schnitzel gibt es später :)

• Thanks 1

On ‎07‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 21:40, old thumper said:

Very good, I liked that a lot.

Many thanks - a warm up for the hopefully forthcoming 'Airfix, The Golden Years' Group Build. Also enjoying the 'Old Bit o'Lace' build.

Regards,

Mike

• Like 1

On ‎08‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 08:38, BerndM said:

Excellent post ! Great and funny presentation with two lovely builds.

So it is to to head for the Küche and have a Kaffee, Schnitzel gibt es später :)

Many thanks and I hope that the Google Translator doesn't let me down so...Vielen Dank werde - das Schnitzel klingt gut aber ich das deutsche Bier statt dem Kaffee! 

Regards,

Mike

• Haha 1

On ‎07‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 15:07, cybershed said:

Fantastic - well done mate 

Cheers. Hope the background and references to the local food and drink were recognisable!

Regards,

Mike

1 hour ago, Ventora3300 said:

Many thanks and I hope that the Google Translator doesn't let me down so...Vielen Dank werde - das Schnitzel klingt gut aber ich das deutsche Bier statt dem Kaffee! 

Regards,

Mike

Agreed Mike beer is much more healthy :)

• Haha 1

• 4 months later...
On ‎22‎/‎02‎/‎2018 at 17:08, PLC1966 said:

Shouldn't that have ended up with the DO-217 in the garden, pictured just as the banger that had been elastic banded onto the fuselage was exploding

I never got that far when 10 years old - too busy repairing the bits that got knocked off while flying round the room.

9 hours ago, Mark4700 said:

Nice builds and excellently presented. Highly entertaining  :clap:

Thanks - those old Airfix kits certainly make you sweat but the nostalgia gives it all a rosy hue! Couldn't resist a bit of 'Commando' style write up to pull together all the great BM comments I got along the way.

9 hours ago, celt said:

Well tidy mun.:goodjob:

Many thanks - it was a lot of fun at the time and gave me a good kick-start along the return to modelling.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
4 hours ago, Alan P said:

Excellent presentation all round 😂😂😂

(That script is too factual for Hollywood) 😏

Many thanks, Alan P - that was a while ago now.... However, it was great fun at the time to do the build, re-create an old photo and get carried away with a bit of fantasy while 'flying the kits around the room'. Glad you liked it. All the best. Mike