***Finished**+Italeri Su34

PhantomBigStu

Dunno when I be starting it, as I've just become a student again so my free time has gone down quite a bit. As for now though the kit (and some paint) is minutes away according to the tracker :)

edit: knock knock, need to pick up some sky blue from the bricks and morter shop

37565867066_fb72803800_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

Colour test, dark blue will be used with humbrol 47 for the Su27. The dark turquose and hu47 will be used for the 34, will see how the bluegreen looks with the 47, will get two pots two lighten if it needs be. 

37566332556_26dd1ed798_b.jpgSukhoi Su-35FN Sukhoi OKB 45 Paris Air Show 1995

Edited by PhantomBigStu
  • Like 1

Seems not enpugh primer left on the kit before I started repainting so had to remove the paint that was peeling, and reprime, in the meantime have toned the medium bluegreen down a bit, is greener than it appears here, hopefully should look ok on the model one its sanded and reprimed later 

37683372516_c29a41aa88_b.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

looks fine doesn't it? Not to the mk1 eyeball, sratch marks are still visible and thats just the topside, got to repeat the marathon sanding sessions on the bottom. Mojo sapper, I may lose patience like I did with the SU34. I may now buy a 2nd copy of the italeri su34 and finish that and perhaps find an old airfix kit next year to convert into a 27SM with the zvezda spares. 

38089976544_43b3f23e8a_b.jpg

Edited by PhantomBigStu

16 hours ago, DaveJL said:

Keep it going mate!

Will do, had painted a coat of the 3 blues on the upper, wasn't happy with it, made one of the blues even worse since I last mixed it, but fiddling around with another pot I seem to have improved it, will see how they look on the model later

24207654927_55d8b9a4b6_b.jpg