Mercedes sskl

Hewy

I've  got the chassis rails together with the scratch built cross member and the brass bar at the front,  i had to fit the  front and rear axle and part of the prop shaft to help square  it up,  I've test fitted the fire wall, that needs some cut outs now, and the body work is only taped in place, I'm going to cut the wheels off to make what i hope will be more convincing brake drums, and so i can have the wheels at an angle, the black lines at the back there are where i will be removing the molded top of the fuel tank, i'll make a new top to fit the seperate bottom part, I'm still working on the front engine mounting cross member,  excuse the photo quality, poor light and number 1 dauaghter has my camera:think:

Test the fire wall for fit with body work

2017-10-13_06-01-17

My cross member fitted and the black lines mark the area to fe removed

2017-10-13_06-00-112017-10-13_06-03-59

Above is the lower part of the fuel tank, ive glued some card on top to replace the bits to be removed 

Cheers

Glynn

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Hewy said:

Thanks bernd, most kind, i suppose the key part is going to be the engine, which has most of its detail molded on, still i have until February to get it close

Right ! Don t rush it deserves  it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

Cracking work Glynn, looks like this is going to be another stunner.

What I've got planned craig will probably take it through to February, i just hope my mojo doesn't give out, it has falterd of late, but i think that has more to do with lack of modelling time, still to coin a phrase "winters coming", thanks for the kind words craig

• Like 2

So this where you've been hiding, your F-15s are going to build themselves? Seriously though, picking up future build tips, got a SSKL & Auto Union D as a freebie in lot my SWMBO picked up at auction and asked, "do you want these or should I take them to the charity shop?"

Cheers

Anil

• Like 1

3 hours ago, azureglo said:

Seriously though, picking up future build tips, got a SSKL & Auto Union D as a freebie in lot my SWMBO picked up at auction and asked, "do you want these or should I take them to the charity shop?"

Wow - I’m just super impressed that your ‘better half’ even asked Anil.. mine would have disposed of them quick smart!! 

I agree, this and some other Matchbox car builds are very educational for a non-auto modeller like myself. I too have an Auto Union Type D, so it’s all good modelling tips. If it wasn’t for this GB these builds would have completely passed me by. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, azureglo said:

So this where you've been hiding, your F-15s are going to build themselves? Seriously though, picking up future build tips, got a SSKL & Auto Union D as a freebie in lot my SWMBO picked up at auction and asked, "do you want these or should I take them to the charity shop?"

Cheers

Anil

I know , i know, the f15 isn't going to build itself, I'll get on it:P, my other half is barred from touching any model box or contents built or not, or making decisions on where they're going to be stashed, it just works out safer that way, the auto union builds up nicley too, cheers anil

Glynn

Thanks Dave, along with the tips there's bound to be a bit of bodging, 

Glynn 

• 1 year later...