Google Photos - anyone nailed sharing photos from this?

Ok like a lot of people I have been looking for an alternative to Photo Bucket and I have many of my model photos in Google Photos and have spent the last hour trying to get to work on BM!

On Google Photos I got to the photo and click 'Share' and 'Get Link'. I then copy the link , create a New Topic on here and then click on the 'Insert Other Media' and then Insert Image from URL. I paste the Link in to this but it doesnt work.

Example of the photo link is https://photos.app.goo.gl/Ale8RgH5TvKBQdye2

Looks ok to me but what am I doing wrong?

thanks

Chris 

Good point. I use Google Photos but haven't been able to get to grips with posting images into topics. For this and other forums I've started using Postimage.org which seems to be working fine.

I don't think the Google photo links are fixed (i.e. they may change at unspecified times) so it's not the best way to share photos on forums. 

Idon't know if this is still true but I was told it by a Google employee earlier this year.

15 hours ago, Bangor Lad said:

Good point. I use Google Photos but haven't been able to get to grips with posting images into topics. For this and other forums I've started using Postimage.org which seems to be working fine.

thanks for the tip on Postimage - just having a go with that now. I need to change the photo links in my old posts so if this works well I can sort them all out!

chris