PK-110 HS.125-600

dude_gan_ainm

Back from my family - mad as ever - tis great.

20171227_003444.jpg

Sorted photo problem,so I scribed new panel lines over the wings & lower rear fuselage.I was holding off on doing this waiting for some dymo tape in the post which never came in the end so it was scribed using Tamiya tape as a guide instead.Not great in places so it will have to be cleaned up a bit.The emergency exit was also scribed.

20171227_003510.jpg

I was tempted to do a little detailing in the cabin & filled in a little bit with left over Milliput & plastic strip but very little would be seen & since I lost so much time I decided to just paint a few colourful shapes inside with Vallejo acrylics.Just waiting to finish with the simplified cockpit (again not much will be seen) & the fuselage can be closed.

Cheerio,

Jimbob. . ..

Edited by dude_gan_ainm
  • Like 4

Thanks Patrick I used your advice & added some shutters on one side after glueing in the cabin windows.You really can't see any detail through the glazing but your idea gives it something to catch the eye when finished. 

I also finished the control columns (one slightly larger than the other but again not much will be seen I guess).Central console got a few details & paint.I also added some more fuselage detail using Mr. Surfacer.

20171230_222624.jpg

Happy New Year everyone,

Jimbob. ..  .

Edited by dude_gan_ainm
  • Like 12

Hi all,

another small update on the 125.I glued in a strip on plastic for the cockpit coaming so I only have the instrument panel to make & the fuselage can be closed up.I used some left over Milliput to fill in the air intake on top of the fuselage for the air conditioning & heat exchangers.A few lumps n bumps were made for the wings - topside before the flaps 3 bumps sanded to shape from plastic strip,the aileron hinges were shaped from white Milliput. Lower wing aileron hinges same as the top,still more bumps to do underneath. The windscreen got a rub of micromesh to remove the panel lines except for the centre panel line.Finally I glued the top of the fin onto the tailplanes & filled the gap with Perfect Plastic Putty & smoothed it with a damp paintbrush. 

20180103_143909.jpg

Cheers for looking,

Jimbob. ..

Edited by dude_gan_ainm
  • Like 6

Great stuff Jimbob,

I have this kit but have managed to lose all the clear parts, hence I have never built it !

Does anyone know if it's possible to obtain replacements from anywhere / anyone ?

Good luck with the build, the work you did on the wings was blooming impressive :worthy:

cheers Pat

• Like 1

Cheers Tony & Pat,much appreciated.Sorry to hear about your clear bits Pat,bummer,maybe contact Revell?Might be worth it but with it being out of production for so long it's doubtful they would still have a spare.You have nothing to lose in asking.I looked on Ebay last week & this kit was going for £56 I think.

Just another small update while out bowling with the family.I since gave the clear parts a polish with a felt polishing wheel since I brushed on the future with my dogs body do anything brush & got a few tiny bits stuck on them.Big improvement on the cockpit glazing anyway.I cut out & cleaned up the wheels,cut a little angle off the undercarriage doors & added a strip of plastic to the bay (to be filled in later to box it off) & added a little shaped plastic strip to the door with more to come.Also cut a bit of sheet to make the instrument panel.

2018-01-07_14.22.03.jpg

Gotta go n strike out 😎

Jimbob. ...

Edited by dude_gan_ainm
  • Like 9

On 1/7/2018 at 5:31 AM, JOCKNEY said:

Great stuff Jimbob,

I have this kit but have managed to lose all the clear parts, hence I have never built it !

Does anyone know if it's possible to obtain replacements from anywhere / anyone ?

Good luck with the build, the work you did on the wings was blooming impressive :worthy:

cheers Pat

I don't think so Pat, unless someone has a trashed kit with intact clear parts. Unfortunately, Revell never reissued the 125 under their label

I built this kit about 10 years ago as a What-If, it was also missing the clear parts.

All I did was add some windscreen pillars and fill the panels with Testors 'clear' cement. Turned out alright.

I do have another kit in the stash now with clear parts included. Might build it for the Hawker GB.

• Like 2

Great work Jimbob, I like the interior detailing. :thumbsup:

I built this kit over the summer and had some issues covering the red with the colour bleeding through my white paint. I was grateful for your suggestion of using a black primer which solved the issue. 

• Like 1

It's good to hear of another possible 125 build Ray.Hi John,I just passed on a good tip & you turned out a fine model.Glad you like the interior bits as well.

Another quick update here,I used Milliput to fill in the reshaped undercarriage bay.Also used it to shape the top of the cockpit coaming (sorry its kinda upside down in the pic) & used a black pen & acrylic to detail the instrument panel. Just the bottom shape to paint & glue in position & the fuselage can finally be closed up.

2018-01-08_02.02.00.jpg

I decided to add detail to the engines & came up with this idea & so far it seems to be woring out.I drew an outline of the kit engine & added the detail of what will be seen in the intake duct.The plan is to cut a hole in the main engine part through which a plastic straw will fit & will be positioned inside the kit intake.The straw is about 6mm diameter so everything is pretty small.The Viper engine has 28 compressor fan blades in its first row which can be seen if you look into the intake.So the 360° lines give an idea for marking the blades (a few mistake lines in there too plus a few lines for the three aerodynamic shape supports in the duct) which I made from white Milliput.First I had 6.4mm plastic rod which was put in a drill & sanded down till the end fitted snug in the straw.A few mm was cut off for one engine & the remaining bit left on the rod for the second one.The inlet cone was shaped from plastic rod in a power tool & marked for the supports.A 5.4mm Milliput pizza about 1mm thick was put on the end of the large plastic rod which was roughly marked on the side for the 28 blades (this got smudged from the water used while keeping the Swann Morton blade moist to prevent the Milliput sticking to the blade).With the inlet cone (bullet shape) placed in the centre of the pizza,I used one of the new (?) Swann Morton thin fine blades to press into the Milliput to give the impression of the fan blades.I slipped some of the spare offcut straw to slide over the finished work so it all fits in the straw.This was left overnight to harden up.

I'm thinking of using some brass rod for the 3 support shapes (maybe tricky but doable).

20180107_140607.jpg

A closeup of the cone & compressor blades after a lick of grey acrylic.

2018-01-08_02.00.18.jpg

It all seems like a lot of trouble for something that will be barely seen when finished but it's worth a go.

Jimbob. ... .

Edited by dude_gan_ainm
I started so I'll finish (big fingers)
  • Like 9

Jimbob, 

This 125 is just coming along beautifully and I’m sure you’re eager (like the rest of us) to finally get that fuselage all buttoned up!! 

Don’t worry about details that can barely be seen - you know it’s there so that’s all that counts. I’d rather skimp on cockpit detail and get the basic dimensions, colours and squadron codes right, but we are all different and that’s what makes this form of art so great. 

Would dearly love to add one of these to my collection, but I’ll need to be lucky and hopefully not part with a large percentage of by weekly salary! 

Cheers and excellent modelling.. Dave. 

• Like 1

Cheers Dermot & Georgio.I won't be using the decals Georgio, I did a quick test earlier & their not great.My original plan was to do an Irish Air Corps 125-600 using a Max Decals sheet but on looking through them I don't have any for the 125.I can get by with what I have so no worries.

I got the fuselage closed up & cockpit glazing in after using a black sharpie pen on the edges (just a little more white glue to do).Also used Mr. Surfacer on the seams & some Perfect Plastic Putty on the air intake mouth on the roof to give it a better shape.Slowly getting there.

20180112_011503.jpg

Adios,Jimbob. .. ..

Edited by dude_gan_ainm
Correcting predictive text,sorry Giorgio.
  • Like 11

Thats two of us Dermot,this is my third group build & I haven't finished one yet.

This is where we are at the moment,I've been tipping away at a few things but nothing worth posting about.A little scribing & touching up seams,marking locations of bits n bobs.I scribed in some threads in the tyres using a power tool & a scalpel,some are better than others due to some wheels not being so circular.I made a new collision beacon for under the fuselage, painted Tamiya clear red & then futured.The carpet monster almost got that one three times!I've also masked off for the cockpit glazing ready for some filling in of the bad fit using Milliput & then Mr.Surfacer.

20180116_215206.jpg

20180116_215427.jpg

2018-01-16_22.00.55.jpg

Cheers for looking,till next time

Jimbob. . . .

Edited by dude_gan_ainm
  • Like 8

Just another little update.

2018-01-08_23.59.39.jpg

I gave the cockpit frames a lick of paint & then used white Milliput to fill the gaps between the fuselage parts & the glazing.I also made the roof avionic parts from 1mm plastic card & sanded to shape.

2018-01-19_22.07.46.jpg

Milliput was also used for the fin/tailplane join area & a little on the tailskid area.

2018-01-16_22.01.44.jpg

I marked out the nose wheel doors shape on some thin brass sheet & cut & filed to shape.This was then glued onto the kit doors (sorry the photo wont load so I'll include it next time).Slowly getting there.

Adios,

Jimbob. .... .

Edited by dude_gan_ainm
  • Like 9

Time for a quick update - one step forward & one back kinda vibe.Here's the photo that wouldn't load last time.

2018-01-19_22.08.27.jpg

OK, Mr. Surfacer brushed onto the cockpit area & left dry.Then given a light sanding.

20180121_145827.jpg

Masking removed to sand down the edges where it meets the filler but while removing some masking around the glazing it pulled away some of the filler with it,so it will have to be tidied up.Also the side pillas in the cockpit framing didn't look right.I earlier cut an intake vent in the nose area. 

20180122_002530.jpg

To fix the pillars I glued some 0.1mm wire between the glazing to give a edge to it & plan to use Mr. Surfacer to build up the area around it.The nosecone was glued on but was removed because the fit wasn't great (my fault).2018-01-25_18.13.52.jpg

Cheerio,

Jimbob. . .

Edited by dude_gan_ainm
Phone tech typing problem
  • Like 10

Just a quick update after a little cleaning up of the nose area.It starting to look like a 125 now.It needs another coat of Clear on the cockpit glazing,some seems to have been removed after the first clean up.

20180127_032155.jpg

Adios,

Jimbob. ...

Edited by dude_gan_ainm
  • Like 9

I'm really hoping to see this one finished and in the galley by the end of this GB Jimbob.

It's certainly looking the goods so far and it would be a shame not to eligable for voting. 

You have my authority to chuck in a few workday sickies to get this one over the line!

Cheers.. Dave.

Thanks for the kind words Dave,I'll try my best now with the extra week.Not a good week 125 wise & work wise (stress) again.With family commitments & shift pattern I wouldn't have it finished by the 11th.So I was putting off fitting the wing light glazing & bit the bullet but it didn't go to plan.It roughly worked but I used Revell cement & it fogged a little & I somehow got a bit of fingerprint on the inside.

2018-02-01_09.34.10.jpg

So plan B is in my head & will be worked out in the next few days,hopefully successfully.

I also added some white Milliput to the nose wheels to attempt the shape on the outer part of the tyres.When it was hard I shaped it using a file & then a fine scalpel blade while the tyre rotated in a power tool.One worked & the other one the Milliput disintegrated so it's wating for a second go.Here's a before shot but I don't have an after & away from home tonight.

2018-01-24_01.48.09.jpg

Last of the update is this.

2018-02-01_09.33.27.jpg

My first attempt at soldering.I found it a bit frustrating but it's down to lack of knowledge so I'm sure things will improve.Anyway I'm impressed with what I ended up making.At the top are two pitot tubes,below centre are where the HF aerial connects to the fuselage roof & on the left is an antenna under the fuselage. All were made using brass tubes & brass strip with the bottom HF part also has a strip of plastic.They all have a length of tube so they fit into holes drilled in position on the fuselage.I've since given the parts a coat of Mr.Surfacer & also Milliput on some to fill/shape a little better.I stuck them on loosely earlier today & it looks mental.

So till next time,cheerio

Jimbob. . ..

Edited by dude_gan_ainm
  • Like 7

Cheers Nimrod,I felt the kick in the rear to get movin when I read your comment. Just a quick update, I finished shaping the second nose wheel & heres a look of the dry it nose gear.

2018-02-04_18.03.42.jpg

20180204_181514.jpg

Also I got stuck into doing the lumps n bumps on the wings,there almost done but no photos.Still got the light glazing to fix & detail the engines & the majority of the building will be done & I can cracked on with paint.Cheers for looking in,

Jimbob. ....

Edited by dude_gan_ainm
  • Like 9

So time for another update,I didn't get as much done as expected but still plugging away.OK I assembled the engine inerds which consist of 6mm plastic rod trimmed down to fit into a 5mm clear plastic straw,the rod has Milliput shaped to immitate the fan blades,in the centre of which a plastic rod was shaped into the cone.This was painted grey with a dulls silver tip.The three supports/splitters were 0.6mm brass tubes & their positions marked on the cone which was later painted a dull metallic colour.The straw was slipped over the handle of an old paintbrush with a strip of Tamiya tape wrapped around the handle.The straw was marked for the three tube positions & drilled.The handle prevents the straw circular shape from deforming while drilling & the tape helps to show your marking/drill point as you drill into the tape inside the straw. After cleaning up the holes you slide the brass tubes (tip dipped in ca) through to fit into their little hole in the cone,

20180205_231112.jpg

2018-02-06_02.56.22.jpg

The kit engine pods innerds were grinded out to take these straw pizza jets,the outer sraw will be painted grey & blended into the kit intake when the time comes.

Another thing tackled was the wing lights,one of which fogged a little while I glued it in so a plan B came into play.While earlier constructing the wings I protected the open light area from bits n pieces by covering with cellotape.So the tape was placed over the other light opening & trimmed.In the image below the earlier fogged plastic was sanded down & will remain to give the cellotape more area to grip.

2018-02-09_17.57.05.jpg

This was ground out to the clear light shape & later cellotaped.

2018-02-09_19.17.00.jpg

Both were trimmed & the edges given a little ca which was later sanded smooth when dry.Lumps n bumps for the wings were also finished.

20180210_191152.jpg

So wings on late hopefully,times ticking away.

Jimbob.... 

Edited by dude_gan_ainm
Correcting predictive text again
  • Like 7