Jump to content
This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

PlaStix

Winter Pz.Kpfw.III Ausf.L - Dragon 1/35 - FINISHED and in the RFI section

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, BlackMax12 said:

I see Iwata's shares just went down 20 points as airbrush sales dropped off a cliff.

You certainly have a fine touch with that brush, your stippling looks better than my spray, brush and chip efforts.  That little booger

looks like it's been to the wars and it was winter there.

Take care,

Lloyd

Thank you Lloyd for your very (way too) kind comments. I actually really enjoyed the weathering on this project. I was quite concerned about doing a whitewash finish and have avoided doing any up until now on purpose.

 

54 minutes ago, Gremlin56 said:

Catching up on the posts here after a crashed Christmas. These photos are amazing Stix, are you sure you don't have a Badger hidden under the workbench? The weathered whitewash knocks the socks off a lot of airbrushed and hair-sprayed jobs I have seen. :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy: Think I'll take up knitting ;)

Hi Julian. Like Lloyd you are way too kind!!

 

Okay - first couple of photos of the finished Panzer III:

38475884035_72bbd9906c_b.jpg

 

38475882665_c1c3e9cfa6_b.jpg

 

As usual I have taken quite a few photos over the past couple of days and now have far too many to pick from. I'll try and pick a couple to post here with the figures on and then I'll post the rest in the RFI section.

 

Comments and suggestions welcome.

 

Kind regards,

 

Stix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Three months?  Are you entered in a marathon next summer?  How about a Merkava next as I just ordered a Takom Merkava Hybrid and I'd like to see you do one.

 

Well, it turned out pretty good but we all knew that would happen.  Sure looks like that whitewash took a beating, if it snows again out comes the bucket and swab.

Fantastic job and sure looks like a good target for a T-34/76, ouch!

 

Take care,

 

Lloyd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stix that is simply stunning.

The whitewash and weathering are very realistic and I think the fact that you did it with the 2 brushes in your picture makes it even better, I imagine they cost a lot less than the airbrushes a lot of us use but the results are a lot better, certainly better than I could do.

I look forward to seeing the figures added at some point.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I only paid £19 quid for my air brush from hong kong, but i wish i could turn work out like that with it, sheer mastery. 

If julian is taking up knitting, I'll probably knock modelling on the head too and do jigsaws or soduku instead, 

Glynn 

 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stix, your model is good, but you need to little bit improve your photos because your work is worth it. Look it here Photo tutorial , I've made small tutorial. Nothing great, but maybe will help. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎28‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 17:25, BlackMax12 said:

Three months?  Are you entered in a marathon next summer?  How about a Merkava next as I just ordered a Takom Merkava Hybrid and I'd like to see you do one.

Well, it turned out pretty good but we all knew that would happen.  Sure looks like that whitewash took a beating, if it snows again out comes the bucket and swab.

Fantastic job and sure looks like a good target for a T-34/76, ouch!

Take care,

Lloyd

Yeah I'm afraid it takes me quite a while to build a 1/35 kit - I cannot compete with your pace!

With regards the Merkava - weirdly I have recently purchased Hobbyboss' Merkava Mk.IIID (LIC) kit fairly cheaply off Amazon. Not sure it will be built in the near future though as I have a fair bit planned at the moment. Thank you as always for yor kind comments.

 

10 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Stix that is simply stunning.

The whitewash and weathering are very realistic and I think the fact that you did it with the 2 brushes in your picture makes it even better, I imagine they cost a lot less than the airbrushes a lot of us use but the results are a lot better, certainly better than I could do.

I look forward to seeing the figures added at some point.

Thank you very much as always Craig - you are most kind. You can see the figures in some photos below and in the RFI post.

 

9 hours ago, Hewy said:

I only paid £19 quid for my air brush from hong kong, but i wish i could turn work out like that with it, sheer mastery. 

If julian is taking up knitting, I'll probably knock modelling on the head too and do jigsaws or soduku instead, 

Glynn 

 

:lol: You are way too kind!

 

7 hours ago, Kris B said:

Stix, your model is good, but you need to little bit improve your photos because your work is worth it. Look it here Photo tutorial , I've made small tutorial. Nothing great, but maybe will help. 

Thank you very much Kris for your comments and suggestions. You have a point. Unfortunately I do not own a good camera and have to rely on my iPad and daylight! I had a look at your tutorial and it looks excellent! At some point I will have to get a set up like yours. Until then you'll have to check out the photos here.

 

I have now posted the RFI photos which can be found HERE.

 

Three photos with the figures I chose to use:

27591855139_105a774399_b.jpg

 

24503471957_0bb1aa05c0_b.jpg

 

38660248084_102027f282_b.jpg

 

I am going to make a base for this at some point but it won't be for a while.

 

Comments and suggestions welcome.

 

Kind regards,

 

Stix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PlaStix said:

Comments and suggestions welcome.

Bloody brilliant is the only thing that comes to mind!

Another masterpiece from start to finish and as usual filled with lots of useful hints and tips for the rest of us to use later, which I for one am extremely grateful for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/12/2017 at 20:16, modelling minion said:

Bloody brilliant is the only thing that comes to mind!

Another masterpiece from start to finish and as usual filled with lots of useful hints and tips for the rest of us to use later, which I for one am extremely grateful for.

Hi Craig. You are very, very kind as always. Thank you very much for your support and I hope you have a Very Happy New Year!

Kind regards,

Stix

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all.

Just a quick note to say a big thank you to everyone who contributed to this thread - either with ideas, suggestions or support. As always it really does help with the outcome.

Also thank you to everyone who has commented in the RFI post.

Thank you all.

At some point I plan to try another winter finish on a tank especially having seen @AndyRM101's M3 Lee - where he has taken winter weathering to the next level!

Kind regards,

Stix

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×