October 2017 SAMI Magazine

Ray S

4 hours ago, 1903flight said:

both my copies of SAMI and MA have yet to arrive - they should have been re posted last Tuesday......

I am in a similar situation, after several e-mails and promises that it has been posted.

On 10/16/2017 at 8:17 PM, Jabba said:

I am in a similar situation, after several e-mails and promises that it has been posted.

Not having received my copies of SAMI and MA here in Germany, I phoned them up today and learned that their distributor has found a couple of bags with magazines in their warehouse, which have been

mailed out today. They asked me to wait until next week ... which is when we usually receive our November issues. Let's see ...

That's exactly the same excuse as given to me except for the lost mail bags. The mag doesn't turn up, so you call again, they take your address and mail it directly to you. I got mine today.

I suggest you just call again tomorrow and demand that they send you one.

It's a shame really as this magazine edition has some nicely made models in it for a change

Andy

Got my copy today, apparently sent out for the third time!

Unfortunately, every business can experience problems, especially if the problem is outside their sphere of control so hopefully just a hiccup in the system!

I am not a subscriber but am on their email list and got a message this morning saying that due to a now resolved  subscriber list problem with the October issues they are now sending out the entire list again to ensure that all subscribers get their copies , no problem with November it seems.

On ‎18‎.‎10‎.‎2017 at 4:06 PM, saxonrock said:

Not having received my copies of SAMI and MA here in Germany, I phoned them up today and learned that their distributor has found a couple of bags with magazines in their warehouse, which have been

mailed out today. They asked me to wait until next week ... which is when we usually receive our November issues. Let's see ...

Pretty much the same here in Vienna, haven't seen the October issue, but was promised it would come in this week or next week.

On 18/10/2017 at 11:30 PM, Tony C said:

Got my copy today, apparently sent out for the third time!

Unfortunately, every business can experience problems, especially if the problem is outside their sphere of control so hopefully just a hiccup in the system!

In a nutshell this is the problem in our country today. Poor management? Outsource everything we can. Only problem is that the company getting the contract is often no better than you except in the vital area of marketing and salesmanship. They chose to put it outside their sphere of control.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

No luck so far for me - still waiting for the October and November issues to arrive. Calling does not seem to help - they say that the issues were dispatched, and that they will send another copy. 

Problem is - nothing dos arrive over here - and yes, both magazines were delivered like clockwork in the past.

If anyone from continental Europe is reading this thread, I'd be interested to learn whether and when the magazines arrived at your place.

• 2 months later...

Haven't received a single copy of SAMI since july although my subscribtion is still running.

Been mailing them ever since and no reply. Saw Mark at Scale Modelworld and he promised to post the missing ones.

Still waiting for them to arrive and their mail response is pretty bad!

Oh, well ... I signed up for subscription @ PlasticWinter Bratislava last November.

December edition was delivered on time.

The January edition (scheduled for release December 27th) never arrived.

Wrote to the publishing house (about 10 days ago) and received this answer:

"Recently we changed consolidators who ship the mail due to the 40% rise in Royal mail postage. Unfortuantely in order NOT to pass on a very high rise in price to customers, it does take a bit longer to get to you. Please allow a few more days, especially with the Christmas post to get to you and let me now. "

I ordered a book mid-December which did not arrive , contacted them after Christmas and a replacement was sent very quickly although in the exchange of emails Clare mentioned that there had been a few items went missing over the same period.