1/144 - Ilyushin A-50 "Mainstay" by Zvezda - released

Homebee

In the framework of the recent toy tradefair Mir Detstva 2017, held at Moscow, Zvezda is reported having announced, as follow up to it's Il-76 kit (link), a 1/144th Ilyushin A-50 "Mainstay" for 2018.

To be followed.

Source AlexGRD: http://master194.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=100171&sid=b7252e4ad3d849de8e26c4c009281a81

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3

• 5 months later...

This is great news!

I was wondering how this would compare to the Trumpeter kit... It is a few years older and from Trumpeter's "beginners" era so, considering Zvezda's initial release, I'll expect this to be classes above. Or am I setting my expectations too high?

Thanks!

Cristian

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Soon, a little patience. Decal now in print, i hope Zvezda's official soon will show test sprues and decal preview.

No, "pease of coal" Dark Grey - its A-50U, Zvezda model - standard A-50, it has many visial differences.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kotey said:

No, "pease of coal" Dark Grey - its A-50U, Zvezda model - standard A-50, it has many visial differences.

Great, I need the original one and the Trumpeter's IL-76-based kits are rather overpriced for what they are like.

• 2 weeks later...

What other variants are they doing, just the IL-78 after this? Would love them to do a IL-76MD-90A.. and I think they may do with how the chin dome is seperate, and they've just done a Tu-204/214 so the engines are already drawn up.