1/72 - Grumman F-14D Tomcat by Great Wall Hobby

madcat911

After the Tamiya Awfulschmitt 109ç another original subject...

- ref. L7203 - Grumman F-14D Tomcat

Source: https://hobbylink.tv/the-latest-scale-model-news-from-the-all-japan-model-hobby-show-2017

IMG_6115-24.jpg?x53881

Source: https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5346848944

2934349b033b5bb512a565f93dd3d539b600bc43

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

Does anybody know anything about this one, I haven't even heard or seen anything on social media. It would be great if they do make one, seeing what their F-15E looks like I'd think they would be able to do a decent job of the Tomcat.

• 10 months later...

Hi

That is great news

It really looks like what will become a beautiful kit. Having in mind their 1/72nd scale F-15E also leads me to the same belief.

I don't know what the connexions between Far East (Chinese?) brands are but some aspects of kit conception and details remind me of the 1/48th scale AMK F-14D kit especially in the wing area. Just hoping we will not have to wait too long

Plus a cautious scan of parts seems to indicate that an F-14A kit (including an early block) is to follow (see beaver tail, different wheel types, what looks like two set of tails etc....)

Cheers

Eric B.

Edited by Eric B.
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

I just hope this doesn't make them take their eye off the ball with the 1/48 kit. We really need GWH to step up as we don't have enough F-14's in 1/48. There's only the Revell, Italeri, Hasegawa, Academy, Fujimi, Hobbyboss and Tamiya kits available. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

• 1 month later...

I'll probably be keeping an eye on these.  Surprisingly I don't have many (only 1 Tomcat in each scale actually) in my possession right now.

On 5/3/2019 at 1:24 PM, Nocoolname said:

I just hope this doesn't make them take their eye off the ball with the 1/48 kit. We really need GWH to step up as we don't have enough F-14's in 1/48. There's only the Revell, Italeri, Hasegawa, Academy, Fujimi, Hobbyboss and Tamiya kits available. 

Well, there's Tamiya and then there's all the rest!

Seems a bit disappointing to be honest. No rivet detail, panel lines are a bit on the thick side. Even the Hasegawa seems to have finer detail and it's 30 years old. Seems like its got nothing against the Fine Molds kit.

Shame, because their F-15 is absolutely stunning.

1 hour ago, Phantome said:

Seems a bit disappointing to be honest. No rivet detail, panel lines are a bit on the thick side. Even the Hasegawa seems to have finer detail and it's 30 years old. Seems like its got nothing against the Fine Molds kit.

Shame, because their F-15 is absolutely stunning.

Open the link and look at the pictures of the actual kit. The ones seen in this thread above are of a 3D printed verification, not even close to being representative of the kit. If you look at the linked sprue shots, they are on par with the F-15 kits.

Hoops.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Robertone139 said:

36 US $ is not bad considering how much the Hasegawa ones are going for on eBay.

Speak for yourself, I just landed a Hasegawa 1/48 F-14D for a 'score'. It's now being prepped to soak up a load of AM I had lying around :)