Tamiya new release 109 picture leaked.....

Scooby

I suspect 48th too. But eduard 109’s will be hard to beat. It would more likley be more welcome in 1/32 if you want my opinion. It would go with the other Tamiya kits in that scale. The Spitfires, Zero, Corsairs, & P-51’s. And i 2nd the next model of the Tomcat as another option in 1/48th.

One area where this Tamiya kit will beat Eduard's is the clear part department : all of the 1:48 109 kits I bought from them had torn-off windshield and canopy parts (meaning dented edges), as if it was intentional, or Eduard's packaging staff are really desperately clumsy.

I once checked in a storeroom a few 109 boxes, 4 or 5, only 1 box featured perfect clear parts.

In that area, Tamiya shines and I look forward to such kit, their latest 1:48 kit (Hien) was truly magnificent.

Non stop Tamiya as far as I am concerned.

Awesome.....

Engine, choice of cowls, R6 gun pods that look like they open with cannon breach detail. R3 kit with a choice of type D and Type C Drop tanks. Tropical filter and choice of head armour..

(Cancels order for Zvezda G6 kit and Brassin engine for Eduard kit) 

Cheers

Plasto

It will be a stunning kit, no doubt, but is there any need for another 1/48 109 when we have the very good Hasegawa and Zvezda kits plus the stunning Eduard example?!

I would have thought a Ki100 would be a good follow on to their Hien. It's a Japanese subject and the Hasegawa kit is hard to find now.

Also please Mr Tamiya will you give the F4U-4 or Spitfire XIV a fair crack of the whip too?! 

Chris

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, janneman36 said:

I am with you, but nevertheless i will never buy the eduards as i didn't like that rivetcarpet on it.. 

This one has a beter chance to be bought by me.....it will fit easily..

+1

The rivetcarpet is not the problem.  The "ultimate", or "best ever"  Eduard Bf 109 revisited mixed scale serie is a mixture of good and bad.

Never bought any Eduard Bf 109.

ZVEZDA kit is far more impressive shapewise.

Just hope that this Tamiya  SCALE  model will help Mr Sulc's to scale down his self esteem  and arrogance .

Madcop.

• Like 1

Like some of the posts above, colour me disappointed. I love Luftwaffe subjects and I like the 109, but another one! We have Airfix taking a punt on the Defiant, Whitley and a Walrus and even Gaspatch are brave enough give us a Hs 123. I was looking forward to something a bit different, but it seems that Tamiya are playing safe.

Enormously underwhelmed. 

• Like 1

Another Bf-109G-6. 

Without rivets looks model obsolete, all Czech Top modelers make rivets on it´s kit - because have all new  Eduard´s kit rivets... And i think a price was 3x higher as Ed in Weekend edition (In CZ 300CZK/10GBP). I think a Tamiya was minimal 30GBP without P.E., masks and colourfoul decals for six aircrafts.... Engine looks good but.... 

In 1/32 was better... (But for me is Revell Ideal, cheap and nice.) 

Edited by AlCZ
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, UpperDeck said:

I just noticed the 1 part integral rear landing gear/wheel plus same 1 part horizontal stab/elevator, no way Tamiya would choose this for a 1:32 kit.

The sprues picture didn't load when I made my comment. You were spot on!

This one will definitely be bought... and some Eduard 109 will leave my stash / donate parts for conversions...

Another 109 kit in 1/48? I probably agree with this sentiment but no doubt this will be a superb kit. Will beat all competition in fit, finish and engineering. 

Now looking forward to 109 in 1/32. That will be super exciting. 

Breakdown video of the removeable engine covers, scrol down for military review

https://hlj.com/alljapan-2017-report?utm_source=HobbyLink+Japan+Newsletter&utm_campaign=64bf50066b-All_Japan_Model_%26_Hobby_Show_Reports_29_09_2017&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_baa74bea0a-64bf50066b-225886817&mc_cid=64bf50066b&mc_eid=f5ea3607fd

So you won't have to buy all Eduards Brassin etc to get engine and gun detail as you do with their kits.

I know a lot of people say not another 109 but if it were your company what would you want to do that makes you money

I am quite excited. Not that the Hasegawa or Eduard are bad kits, but I am still looking forward to get a couple of Tamiya 109's in my stash.

I hope someone does produce the tall tail for it, that would be even better :D

I’ll stick with my Eduard 109’s ... Tamiya is a very great product, but not worth the markup in price when your on a budget. Ive got pages and pages of decals. Ive collected them for 30 years. I’ll just keep buying the overtrees or weekend editions.  

• Like 3