Hello Brit Modeller

Sun Ra

Hi world - This is my second restart at modeling - I picked up the paint and glue 4 years ago after last making a kit aged about 13 ( which was at the end of the '80's). I built a few 1:72 things, then a baby came along, and I stopped. That was 2 years ago, and I'm making another go of it. I've changed my focus to 1:48 kits, and probably 1950's and 60's jets, simply because I love the shape of them. My user name is a tribute to my other love - jazz. I am not a long dead Egyptian king. This forum is a big inspiration to me, and its great to finally be involved.

James.

• Like 2

Hi James and welcome. This is a wonderful forum as I'm sure you know. 

I also came back to the hobby about 4 years back and absolutely love it.

I haven't made any cold war jets as yet but have a couple in the stash.

All the best, Martin

Thanks for the warm welcome. I've just finished a 'test' welcome-back-to-modelling build, and I've got a F-86 Sabre kit on its way to me, so I hope to have something to post soon(ish).

Welcome...  Had to stop doing a lot when my son was born a couple of years ago.  Slowly finding ways to carve out time and keep everyone happy. Not always successful.

Few more years and I can build things with / for my son which will be pretty fun I reckon!