This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Hello Collin

Just had a look at your facebook page and I was curious as to whether you have any Avro 720 kits left, I know I am 2 years late but if you don't ask.....

Looking forward to your new site and spending some of the Queens money.

Cheers

Gary.

I would suspect that getting the new Supermarine twin engine spitfire type into production would have probably put a re-pop of the Avro 720 back a bit

3 hours ago, Head in the clouds. said:

Hello Collin.

Has the Avro 720 been cancelled or it it still on, sorry for bleating on.

Cheers

Gary

Hi Gary,

Don't worry, your not bleating on! I've been waiting since last October to get clear canopies for the Avro 720 and SR.177 kits re-cast, new formulation has caused casting without bubbles to become an issue, and the Avro 720 canopy was a problem even before that. So as a back up I've converted a resin sub-master to a vacform and am now waiting for them to come from Rob Taurus, hopefully next month. Once I have one of the canopies in hand I'll cast up the kits and get it back on sale. Personally the quality of the Rob Taurus vacformed PETG is better than the resin (sharp, scale thickness, extremely clear without dipping in Clear etc),  so what will probably happen is the kit will come with vacform canopies (two copies) as standard, with the resin ones (if I ever get them) being sold separately for those who can't face the vac.

I'll promote the 720 as soon as I have made some progress either way.

Colin         

6 hours ago, Colin @ Freightdog Models said:

Don't worry

Great news Collin, I don't think your the first to have troubles with clear resin canopies but thanks for hanging in there and persevering, look forward to seeing the end result.

Cheers

Gary.