1/48 GWH Mig-29 9.12

35 minutes ago, matteo44 said:

Fantastic model!

I like the weathering... it's perfect!

Congratulations :clap:

Can I ask, what paints did you used for the camouflage?

Thank you,  I use GUNZE Mr. color oil for the basic color,  and vajello paints for weathering.

• Thanks 1

I am just putting the finishing touches to my own 9-13 GWH kit so I know how much work has gone into this to get this result as it's certainly not a Tamiya 'shake the box' kit. That's a superbly built & finished model.

Gary

With the greatest of respect, the weathering seems rather over-done for a Polish MiG-29.

Even the 'weathered' ones are fairly clean and glossy - I've not seen one looking as heavily weathered as this. Google 'Polish MiG-29' and you'll see what I mean.

That's not to say it isn't pleasing on the eye - it's just not a life-like finish for a Polish aircraft.

I'm bucking the tend here, I know...

Tom

34 minutes ago, tomprobert said:

With the greatest of respect, the weathering seems rather over-done for a Polish MiG-29.

Even the 'weathered' ones are fairly clean and glossy - I've not seen one looking as heavily weathered as this. Google 'Polish MiG-29' and you'll see what I mean.

That's not to say it isn't pleasing on the eye - it's just not a life-like finish for a Polish aircraft.

I'm bucking the tend here, I know...

Tom

Yes,you are right,the weathering effects look over done a little under the flashlight, I think if I take these pictures under the strong sunlight,it will be more natural.

• Like 1