Tamiya Stug IV and Panzer II

Hi,

I've been an on and off modeller since I was a kid, but always been a plane man. Having got fed up with spending more time filling and sanding fuselage joins I thought I'd give armour a go.

My first effort was the Stug IV, it's not perfect, I noticed a few unfinished bits when I took the pics. The moulded tracks were a disaster but the 3rd Party tracks I've got are a nightmare so it can stay as is for now.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/zCehEHcKJyysvrBF3

fk_uk2xWTAtfGkDG6NkP9xN_-leZ1kyKdqAXW-Px

4bN2kISIQUznMgaoFR_XPXSUrMuV1DQfUIqGiznL

MVrg8yPfrodzl_Zqvv0JoXAYMVMw0DJwsF5I3y19

7nbWuO8Xm45qfRJtNwgqCgtuvWvN2dInCMywGT7T

YZIyxCkujCF1sseBkl0VA3kZHk_lMA5vfud16XG6

qzPnVpRin7lwir9APvCvXoNtedU8fUXfQvBsTs46

mLERFnAFLGM73xQGi-UQL7D--RmI2m32ZST7XCms

lNcEjyfZqKB9JCiIk6Dwk0mX-Q7_elai1PMLwNc9

IGbi9ByOm_lDiCWMcau0JGURqPWA29R2PoDzUfsX

Thanks For Looking

• Like 7

I am not a fan of Pz I, II, IIIs, so I will say you've done a better job than I will ever do. :D

Your StuG IV is great. You could always hide the 'failed' join in the tracks behind the side armour plates.

Rearguards

Badder

Good models. Intesting colour on Pz. II. On the Stug few things to look next time - form seem on the cutters, pin mark on inside of the schurzen and bit of not fully wiped wash (or filter) on one side of the mantlet. Badder ready mentioned the tracks. Apart from that good job. 

On 28/09/2017 at 1:05 PM, Kris B said:

Good models. Intesting colour on Pz. II. On the Stug few things to look next time - form seem on the cutters, pin mark on inside of the schurzen and bit of not fully wiped wash (or filter) on one side of the mantlet. Badder ready mentioned the tracks. Apart from that good job. 

Hi,

The pz II colour was the result of various web trawls to fidn the right colour and then probably painting it the wrong colour :)

I think I started off here, http://www.miniatures.de/colour-ral-farben.html or another similar site and then went off on a tangent trying to then get Tamiya equivalent colours. Probably supposed to be Grünbraun with Graugrün over it.

Cheers

Marc