Italeri 1/48 HC.21 Shawnee

Harvs73

I purchased the Italeri 1.48 HC.21 Shawnee earlier this year and started building it only to suddenly find work drowning any modelling mojo I had. I have finally managed to get a bit of energy up and managed to do heaps of work on it.

file.php?id=16016

file.php?id=16015

At the moment I am trying to decide what colour to paint the troop seats before I seal up the fuselage and start on the exterior.

file.php?id=16100

• Like 8

• 2 weeks later...

The seats are now painted red and the fuselage is together. I never have good success in sealing up; the Italieri kits and this one is the same as I need to put on a bit of filler and rescribe panel lines and rivet holes. The rivet holes are rather stupid as it seems the person making the molds couldn't decide which side of the panel line the rivets were supposed to be on as they vary depending on which fuselage half you look at.

file.php?id=16151

file.php?id=16150

file.php?id=16149

• Like 5

• 2 months later...

I have managed to get up the energy to get back to the Shawnee. I have given it a complete spray of Hu159 and then a couple of coats of varnish, this has darkened it nicely and has taken away my concerns about it being to light and bright. Once the varnish is dried it will be wet and dried a little to smooth it out then decals and weathering will occur.

file.php?id=16529

file.php?id=16528

• Like 6

• 1 month later...

I have finally managed to finish the decals on the Shawnee and started the detail painting. I still have to give it a bit of weathering, give it a matt varnish then finish the small details. The kit itself is not that impressive with rough plastic on the exterior of the fuselage, decals and instructions not matching etc.

file.php?id=16866

file.php?id=16865

file.php?id=16864

• Like 5

• 1 month later...

Here is the model with the black wash done prior to the matt varnish. I have successfully either misplaced one of the rotor hubs and side windows or put them somewhere 'safe' as I can't find them to finish off the model.

file.php?id=17071

file.php?id=17070

• Like 9

• 2 weeks later...

It doesn't look too bad with the matt coat on and masking removed. I still have the small details to do on the fuselage and make the rotors (still have to find the missing part for the second rotor).

file.php?id=17184

file.php?id=17183

• Like 6