This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Julien

Scout & Wasp in multi scales from S&M

Scout & Wasp out next year late......

both in 1/72 

Wasp also in 1/48

Scout also in 1/35 !

Me likes the sound of that!

Rick.

He has been asked to do a Whirlwind rotary, but if tempted, it would be a Turbine. I did suggest tooling for an alternative nose, but that puts the cost up.

At the mention of the Scout and Wasp, there were 3 advance orders for a big Scout, Julien, Bish and I all said yes immediately! He's got enough work for two years already, so anything else will be a while yet.

Excellent news, I'm sure a turbine Whirlwind will sell in spades, still plenty of schemes.

Will definitely buy at least three Wasps before that.

To my credit card's dismay, I predict a hive of wasps will be appearing in my stash (a more acceptable version than the little swine dealt with by Rentokil's GBAD), along with more than a few Scouts. And a turbine Whirlwind? Not good for a chap's bank account at all...

Looks like I'm going to be spending even more of my time  in the museum at Middle Wallop researching detail

We could do with some pics for the walkaround section if you can get any.

Another hand up here for at least a pair of Wasps and maybe a Scout too if there's a RM marking option. What with this and the forthcoming Canberra, Mel has, I'm sure made a lot of us very happy.

I'm only sorry that I hesitated and missed out on the Hastings!

Edge

21 hours ago, Julien said:

We could do with some pics for the walkaround section if you can get any.

I was thinking more along the lines of taking a scanner to the AP but as the museum has three Scouts on display and the HAF have a flyer, photos shouldn't be a problem.

29 minutes ago, Aeronut said:

I was thinking more along the lines of taking a scanner to the AP but as the museum has three Scouts on display and the HAF have a flyer, photos shouldn't be a problem.

Thx.

Julien

I'm in for a few of these in 1/72!

Mark.

Cool, il be after a couple of each in 72 scale, im sure il be tempted by a 35th Scout too, as will one or two colleagues :) brilliant news :D

Well I'm definitely good for a Wasp, in RNZN scheme & a Turbine Whirlwind too, I've a photo saved somewhere of one in Malaya during the "emergency" with a Kiwi zap on, probably working with Kiwi troops.

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz

I'd take a 1/72 Scout in RAN colours. And a radial engine Whirlwind in 1/72 would be my preference. 

On ‎25‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 6:25 AM, bentwaters81tfw said:

He has been asked to do a Whirlwind rotary

? Radial, not rotary? A rotary-powered Whirlwind would be an amazing sight though!

16 hours ago, k5054nz said:

? Radial, not rotary? A rotary-powered Whirlwind would be an amazing sight though!

Yes, an interesting engineering opportunity!

Well I might say stuff the Air Fixed procrastination and the Freighted dog going astray - I'll be in for the proverbial truck load of these if they are half decent!

My favourite whirly bird of all time - even beats the Sea King...

I have 6 AS-12 missiles from CMK in the stash if non are provided to spice them up  - just hope S&M provide the rails and supports...

Go you good thing S&M !

On 9/25/2017 at 8:44 AM, TEXANTOMCAT said:

Skellen!!! Who Dares Wins with T bar and two SAS types suspended below with Hatton rounds in their shotguns please!

Was thinking the same thing! Loved that movie! Even with the cheesy acting.
whodwin11.jpg

whodwin10.jpg

Mel might look into a turbine Whirlwind, but that would be 2 to 3 years away. He did consider a Belvedere, but says economically, it's a non starter.