1/72 - Bristol 175 Britannia by Mach2 - released - Air Graphics sets + Canadair CP-107 Argus, CC-106 Yukon & CL-44 conv. sets by AiM

Homebee

It's reported that a company is working on a injected 1/72nd Bristol 175 Britannia kit. Official announcement is expected in about 45 days.

Considering this rumour is coming from the French forum Master194 I fear a Mach2 kit. A Bristol Britannia would be logical follow-up to the A.W. Argosy (link) and the Avro York (link).

Wait and see.

Source: http://www.master194.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=100071

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 5

54 minutes ago, Simon said:

modelldoc,

Laurent Herjean of F-RSIN posted the following message on the Airlinermodelling Yahoo Group on Wednesday:

Mach 2 asked me to announce their 1/72 Bristol Britannia, available at the Telford show.

Regards

Simon

A test build

Source: http://master194.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=100505

Au 1/72. Rendez vous le 11 novembre:

Gérard

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 3

Very nice.. Minor whinge warning ..Something wrong with the  Cockpit window decs, don't look right either to small or in the wrong position  and don't copy the RAF  engine nacelles paint job.. Front opening cowlings were NMF.

I just know I'll end up with one

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, andy wood said:

That nose looks quite odd the 1st RAF photo

Not just me then..

• Like 1

I would really like one of these. A friend could maybe pick up for me at Telford.

I can live with Mach 2, nothing unlike a lot of the Eastern European short runs I used to tackle.

An injection moulded Brittania in 1/72? :yahoo:!!!

A few adjustments and a bit of reshaping is fine if required.

Is there any idea of price? I will have to send the money over.

Really happy about this :clap2:

Best regards

TonyT

• Like 1

Hope this makes it over here, glad I didn't pay $300 Cdn for a vac one. Even if it's not decent, at least it's a good starting point. Do some CL-44s and Argus conversions. I made an Argus, just haven't featured it anywhere except locally.

6 hours ago, Kevin Callahan said:

I've never had a truly successful result come from a Mach 2 kit. 

I'm starting to look like your avatar reading that!

Did some comparison with some  Boac brittannia pics and as far as i can see the windows of the decals used are  a little short and gives it the little bit off look..

Also the cheatline is off and it helps in looking wierd......

I still give it a chance shapewise, the build on the otherhand will be a.......or ..

They  call it mach pooh for a reason...nevertheless i give it a chance it's still a unique kit 

40 minutes ago, busnproplinerfan said:

I made an Argus, just haven't featured it anywhere except locally.

Like to see that, where did you get the Wright Radial Cyclones from?

• Like 1

Hard to resist, although that fin leading edge looks a trifle blunt, and the upper line of the nose seems to blend into the base of the windscreen rather than somewhat below as per the original.   The Miliput will act as nose weight......

My take on Mach 2 kits one knows what is getting into (on this forum at least). Yes, they require building but with patience and effort can be made into more than decent replicas. However, I come from a school of modellers, when I came semi-proficient in the late '60 and early '70s would whittle away at Frog and Airfix kits to make them more faithfull to the original prototype.

I may well dip for this kit as I have fond memories of flying in RAF Brit transports with thier backward facing seats and cargo lashed down in rear part of the plane.

Yes, I also like Anigrand kits too.

Thomo.

Edited by The Tomohawk Kid
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, The Tomohawk Kid said:

cargo lashed down in rear part of the plane

Not sure about before but that was verboten by the 70s. All freight fwd of PAX either lashed to flat floor or Ball mat and Roller. A bit difficult to unload with seats in the way too.

2 minutes ago, bzn20 said:

Not sure about before but that was verboten by the 70s. All freight fwd of PAX either lashed to flat floor or Ball mat and Roller. A bit difficult to unload with seats in the way too.

I flew to Goose Bay in '72 and Cyprus in '74 and that was the arrangement.

Thomo.

I used to re-role Brits IAW 38 Group Prep chits issued by load plans Feb 72- Nov 73, never did that and the DAMO would have gone spare if we had. Someone must have fiddled it somehow..To get the load off, the seats would have to come out.

DAMO.. Duty Air Movements Officer..We had one  called The Claw, wearing just one brown leather glove, Officer for the use of...he was a bit weird and would jump all over us for no reason. We followed him back to Air Movements hangar and let his tyres down after one of his "sessions" !

• Like 1

On 10/28/2017 at 4:55 AM, bzn20 said:

Like to see that, where did you get the Wright Radial Cyclones from?

Have to find the photos of the build I did and scan them. I used the original DC-6 engines with the cowlings modified. I kitbashed a B-29 and the DC-6. I'll try to do that soon and will let you know.

• Like 1

Why do they keep doing this to me , ive just finished the Convair 440 and i'll HAVE to obtain one of these if indeed the rumours are true

The good thing about their kits is the plastic is usually quite thick and easy to sand or fill to correct any shape issues, anyway you will be sanding and filling this one if its like the other Mach 2 kits i have so i dont really see a problem, their kits are what they are certainly not shake n bake but who in mainstream kit land will ever do one ?

Nup i'll buy one and agonise over which version to do

And someone told me recently the Kit industry is dead, i dunno what planet he's from !

• Haha 2