Pocher 1/4 ducati panigale

kpnuts

I like to think that I can make anything out of nothing ( no, sorry, thats the ex-wife lol), but my painting skills are zero....I've screwed-up many a model when paint gets involved,

Stunning paintwork Mr Nuts!:worthy:

Good job, Sir!!

Cheers, H

She's gonna be a stunna!!

Love the colour Ken, Early Ducati's had fibreglass bodywork which was same colour inside and out not sure about the new ones

they are all plastic now. Ducati's look the dog's ??????? but are a real pain to ride.

Mark.

Hi all well I've detailed up the battery and added the upgrade kit decal (the smaller decal is the one that came with the kit.
21blqfl.jpg
I must say I am surprised with a kit of this size and price of the huge amount of missing detail, mostly seems to be wiring which surely wouldn't be that expensive to add to the kit.
2ymf4eu.jpg
2hf47xi.jpg
28jl27n.jpg
  • Like 2

Hi all started on the fuel system added the butterfly valves made from aluminium foil onto which I put brass leaf.
kaljww.jpg
nmc0sj.jpg
Then I cut it to fit
nl3ifp.jpg
Then cut a piece of sprue then halved it.
k3svhg.jpg
Covered it with the brass leaf then drilled two holes and added a couple of screws
2wd3ngz.jpg
bg5xfc.jpg
2mg6mu9.jpg
  • Like 2

On ‎11‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 7:54 PM, kpnuts said:
I must say I am surprised with a kit of this size and price of the huge amount of missing detail, mostly seems to be wiring which surely wouldn't be that expensive to add to the kit

Given the cost of these kits, I'm horrified at the amount of re-work and alteration that has to be done to get them right! Or even just to fit together....

I salute your efforts Sir.

Hi all bit more added here (this is just the supplied detail loads of wiring and connectors still to add) ( I really don't know why they don't supply varying thicknesses of wire surly it wouldn't add more than a tenner to the cost of the kit)
a5fe43.jpg
ease0z.jpg
As I said loads more detail to add but couldn't resist trying it on the engine.
r7rq5w.jpg
2h6arfl.jpg
5frotc.jpg
Also got the tyres on the wheels (Man they are heavy, but great quality)
29zzapt.jpg
t4ydkx.jpg

Hi all here is the next bit the exhaust, let me tell you what a horrendous fit, had to use copious amounts of filler first really disappointing bit of the kit, Paul Koo suggests leaving the screws loose then adjusting the gaps by gradually tightening them whilst adjusting the gaps, well the best I managed to reduce it to was 2 mill for a kit of this price I think that is really bad.
Anyway here it is with all the gaps filled.
976u4z.jpg
33ytfva.jpg
258mbo9.jpg
v8j4n8.jpg
107j0jq.jpg
Not happy with the silver shields they look very plasticky (I know they actually are) will have to try and change that, I'm thinking of trying foil over them)
  • Like 1

Hi all I've started on the wheels I've made up the disks
2uz9c2q.jpg
I've started weathering it
33a8pk1.jpg
f5akn6.jpg
I've ordered some proper button head sockets for the disks instead of the screws that come with the kit (Another thing missing from the upgrade kit)
al6sd0.jpg

• Like 1