Pocher 1/4 ducati panigale

kpnuts

Hi all well (despite the gorgeous paint job on the kit parts) I've primed it ready for the new colour (I intend to leave this for at least a week to cure before adding the first coat of the two pack paint I have) 
2hxx754.jpg
Done some more to the engine
301ik3o.jpg
2uik8kh.jpg
ea48yv.jpg

Hi all here is the next instalment.
I got fed up with taking longer to find a part on the many sprues in this kit by looking for the small tab on each sprue with the letter I needed (I'm surprised I didn't think of this the 2 times I built the Traction Avant kit) I've written a large letter on each bag for which sprue is in it.
2d8l6ja.jpg
I've made the starter motor terminal from a piece of whittled down sprue
25ri7tf.jpg
Added the oil cooler with the added layers and the banjo connector using Paul Coos detail adding info
346vmfr.jpg
And the finished starter motor.
acdjmd.jpg
Bit more weathering on the engine.
11b0pk4.jpg
All in all I'm quite pleased with the progress (even if it's glacially slooooow)
  • Like 2

Do you look like Marty Feldman's double at the moment.
I made this connector with some sprue, Paul Coos CD really is a mine of information (loads of reference pics of the actual parts, that's where I got the seams on the exhaust from)
27y7o7b.jpg
This part is like a little kit in its own right
5trl00.jpg
dwass0.jpg
2elurmo.jpg
9k5v0k.jpg
  • Like 1

Well I hope the swelling goes down quickly (I find copious quantities of whiskey helps with pain) (other alcoholic beverages are available) (oh and I don't mean pouring them in the eyes is the idea, perish the thought, what a waste that would be)

Hi all i wanted to try and show you all just how big this is so, this is a 1/24 lorry engine.
2w1tseh.jpg
Now put it on the engine and you get an idea of just how huge this is.
9k5v0k.jpg
I just couldn't wait here is base colour (No clear lacquer yet)
nn5dvr.jpg
j7xpts.jpg
9s6vz5.jpg
2mcadyg.jpg
  • Like 4

Well we've been away for the weekend at our friends caravan and I came back to a bit of a disaster
2e4m8vq.jpg
All the plastic parts are fine I couldn't work out what had gone wrong but now I have
10eqx74.jpg
No primer, I assume the plastic parts were primed hence they are ok.
I've removed the paint
2lj2gi0.jpg
(Another chance to see how big this is its nearly as long as my thigh)
Now I just have to 're prime it, I'm just wondering if I have enough of the blue left this thing is so big it took nearly a whole can to paint it(admittedly I did both sides of all the parts as I was not sure if the back of any parts could be seen) hopefully no more problems will occur.

So that tank is metal?  That is gorgeous!!  I also love your choice of blue.  In fact, that color looks identical to my Aventador Roadster- which is called "Blu Monterrey" if I'm not mistaken.  Mighty fine work you're doing there!

On 11/7/2017 at 8:44 PM, Tony Oliver said:

That looks like a real engine on your table! 

Bet you could post that pic on a motorbike forum with a phrase like ‘hope the mrs doesn’t come back early’ or similar...

Brilliant stuff. 

It does look like a real engine. Reminds me of the time I rebuilt a Yamaha RD350LC engine in my bedroom, a very small bedroom and a very real engine. My Mother was not a happy woman! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hi all repaired the tank. I have to say I really, really, really love this colour
23kxjes.jpg
5y5ub.jpg
Made the water pump too.
4t13eq.jpg
e7xt6t.jpg
2la5uh5.jpg
Did I mention how much I really, really, really love this colour.
I once rebuilt a cx550 engine in my bedroom, my mum was ok about it till I dropped it and broke a couple of floor boards, oops.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1