This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Sign in to follow this  
Simon Williams

And now for something completely different, for me anyway.

Morning All,

Well, due to work and the wife's health and many other factors, I haven't really had a great deal of bench time this year. After a trip to Perth with Washington Model Club, I came back with a few kits, one of which was the 1/6th. Suzuki GSX1100S Katana, a kit I'd always wanted to build, ever since I saw it in the Tamiya catalogue, all those years ago. It also made a pleasant change from my usual focus of aircraft models, so much so that I bought a Tamiya Honda CBR100XX Super Blackbird kit the other week and I fancy the Ducati Super Panigale kit as well.

Here it is, before I put the decals on.

36442765124_e64b4c589e_b.jpgIMG_1424 by simon_rw, on Flickr

And here it is, decalled up.

36882754350_47d31a359b_b.jpgIMG_1427 by simon_rw, on Flickr

Thanks for looking.

Edited by Simon Williams
changed title slightly

Most unusual for me to drop by in this section, but I think that's a lovely job. Well done.:clap2:What paint did you use for the chrome areas, please?

Edited by Vinnie

Hi Vinnie,

The chrome bits are the plated plastic that came with the kit. I just put an enamel wash on the engine and round the bolt heads on the gearbox. 

Cheers 

Simon

Nice one Simon!

SO good looks like you went to the dealer and bought the real thing,can't wait to see the others you bought,hope the wife's health improves and you can get to your work bench.Cheers.

Edited by Jim Wasley

That looks straight out of the pages of Superbike magazine (anyone else remember that)?  Ace model.

Lovely job mate, it looks like it's 1:1 stood in your lounge!

Brian

Thanks for the compliments, everyone. It was a fun build and definitely made a change from wingy-thingies. @Jim Wasley my wife's health seems to be better these days, she's applied for a job where I work and, yes, I am getting loads more bench time in

:-)

Simon (recovering from night shift)

Wow you kept this one quiet great finish will look great on the club stand at the next show :yes:

beefy

Cheers Keith. Been after this kit since I was 17, soon as I saw it at Perth I had to have it.. I painted it with Suzuki Silky Silver from Halfords. 

Cracking build and finish Simon,happy memories as I  owned the GS 550 version back in the late eighties when these thing's looked

really different than the norm