REVELL 12TH SCALE SHELBY GT500

D1fuN0

Morning Chaps :bye:

Been a while since I posted anything..... (no comment)

I have FINALLY finished the GT500!

This got off to a great start, then stalled and then went on in little burps after that. 

resized_2bd40f63-8445-4583-9960-ff0cd5e2

resized_f53e3f14-e8fb-44aa-a8ba-99db405e

Its finished with Gravity Colour's Ford Grabber Blue and Zero Rubber Black. 

The stripes were originally the usual white ones that came with the kit, but the decals just did not look nice, so off they came and black ones sprayed on.

resized_e985bf2a-4c2c-4061-8762-878f8c26

None of the wiring comes with the kit, so I printed out some pics of the actual car engine and added as much as I could.

The complete dufus that i am, I lost the aircleaner from the front of the engine, so I had to scratch build a new one.

This really is an excellent kit. The interior is really nice, and the engine is excellent, but I think Revell may have missed the mark a bit by not adding a bit more detail in the engine bay (wiring etc) and just adding a few more details that would have made it stand out just that little bit more, like separate windscreen wipers, maybe adding masks for the windows, proper mesh grills for the front vents...

Having said that, its an excellent kit and we need more in this scale Mr Revell, (how about a Modern Camaro?)

Hope you enjoy, all comments are appreciated.

:bandit:Mad Steve:bandit:

• Like 7