19 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Stunning build's,totally agree that monogram's raised detailing is exquisite!

1 hour ago, F-32 said:

:goodjob:

Hello,Steve and F-32 - Many thanks to you both for your very kind and much appreciated replies.

Steve,I totally agree with you about the quality of detail on Monogram kits,certainly as far as I've seen so far.Since I built these I have acquired the F-106 Delta Dart which I hope will sit well alongside the Dagger.Fingers-crossed!

😉👍 All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Head in the clouds. said:

Hi Paul

Glad you got them back online,I can never tire of looking at these two kits from a golden age of aviation and I love everything about that era, they certainly make good modelling subjects,always lots of variation and colour to draw you in.

Cheers

Gary

Hello,Gary - Many thanks.Yes,I'm delighted to know how to post photos up again.That is all thanks to our friend 'Plastix'.👏

I know what you mean and totally agree with your thoughts.From a modelling perspective,the sky really is the limit for choice and availability of subjects and scheme options.Some of our friends on the Forum have turned these kits into real works of art and I'm sure they'd stand their ground against any newer rendition in many cases.Not only that,I've found them a pleasure to build.Here's to the next!😊

• Like 1

Paul,

Couple of great builds, there. By sheer coincidence, only this morning (before visiting BM) I was going through some of my stash and dug out my own copy of the Revell-Monogram F-101B Voodoo. I have been doing some test fitting since I am very tempted to start this kit and the only thing that was putting me off was the raised panel lines. Like you say, its a very impressive kit for its age with some superb detail especially in the cockpit and wheel wells. That said, I have invested in a Black Box resin cockpit set, Quickboost airframe details (NACA scoops, fuel dumps etc) and a Master pitot probe. I was originally looking to sand down the panel line detail (though only on the wings/flying control surfaces) but I may now leave it in place judging by the finish you have managed with your model. 

Great 'classic' kits from which you have produced two lovely looking models.

Thanks for sharing

Mark   

• Like 1

On 17/09/2017 at 2:29 PM, Tiger331 said:

Paul,

Couple of great builds, there. By sheer coincidence, only this morning (before visiting BM) I was going through some of my stash and dug out my own copy of the Revell-Monogram F-101B Voodoo. I have been doing some test fitting since I am very tempted to start this kit and the only thing that was putting me off was the raised panel lines. Like you say, its a very impressive kit for its age with some superb detail especially in the cockpit and wheel wells. That said, I have invested in a Black Box resin cockpit set, Quickboost airframe details (NACA scoops, fuel dumps etc) and a Master pitot probe. I was originally looking to sand down the panel line detail (though only on the wings/flying control surfaces) but I may now leave it in place judging by the finish you have managed with your model. 

Great 'classic' kits from which you have produced two lovely looking models.

Thanks for sharing

Mark   

Hello,Mark - Many thanks for your very kind and much appreciated reply.I'm really pleased that you're going to give the 'Voodoo' a go and hope you get the build enjoyment that I did.On mine,I only added homemade Intake Covers and replaced the plastic Pitot Probe with a Pin.I don't know how many times I stabbed myself with it during the build,but hey,as long as the kit's alright!😄

Your aftermarket products will certainly raise the game and wish you every success with it.If you get chance,please keep me posted as to how things are going with it.

They still look great Paul those Monogram kits are great !

The 101 is a great rendition mind you I do like the Canadian Air Force markings :D

I have the Monogram 1/48 B-26 Marauder which I am looking forward to building at some point .

All the best

Guy

• Like 1

On 18/09/2017 at 6:54 PM, F4u said:

They still look great Paul those Monogram kits are great !

The 101 is a great rendition mind you I do like the Canadian Air Force markings :D

I have the Monogram 1/48 B-26 Marauder which I am looking forward to building at some point .

All the best

Guy

Hello,Guy - Many thanks for your very kind and much appreciated reply.The kits themselves are very impressive and I’d recommend them to anyone.I used the kit decals on these but there is a good aftermarket choice available.If I ever did another ‘Voodoo’ It would be in the ‘Cold Lake Scheme’ which does look fabulous,without doubt.The ‘B-26’ will turn into a fine looking model as well.Good luck with that,My Friend.