Brengun 1/72 A36 Apache USAF (Brengun Model Accessories BRP72025)

FinnAndersen

Now I'm hooked. Been looking at the sprue shots on the web, and at that distance the wings look a good shape, with the correct kink. Fuel fillers remind me of the KP ones. The fuselage/belly definitely looks too rounded. Still, might need to get one and have a play....

3 hours ago, Bedders said:

A quick thought on the Brengun kit. I haven't seen it in the flesh, but if the fuselage is based on fhe KP B one (which in turn is based on the Revell), it may have inherited a couple of its flaws e.g. the cockpit being located too far back, and the fin/rudder being canted forward off the vertical. If the Brengun wing is wrong as contributors suggest, it may be because they started from the Revell interpretation of the fuselage/wing root join (which is wrong) rather than the KP one (which is correct). If memory serves me correctly, the Academy B fin/rudder is canted backward off the vertical, but I don't know if that is replicated on the Allison kit as I haven't seen one of those in my life. So far then, my conclusion for an accurate Allison is to use the Academy fuselage with fin corrected if necessary, plus the KP wing rescribed as necessary. Reshaping the Brengun to get the fuselage shallower, the wing join right, the cockpit located correctly and the fin angled correctly, seems like a lot of work.

Justin

The Brengun, IMHO, is not based on the KP kit.

Buy one, build it and lets us hear how it turns out.

/Finn

Edited by FinnAndersen