Skoda Fabia WRC S2000.

PatW

This is the Belkits version of this WRC rallycar. A very detailed kit with PE parts and Skoda factory decals. One problem was the top of the rollcage being twisted, so fit the sides onto the interior tub, and cut the cage behind the first top crossmember allowing the rear half to be sanded to fit, OK done. The rest is straightforward.

I have various clearcoats from three makers, dull/clear and a new one, pearl clear, so I tried it on this build after laying up most of the bodyshell decals. These were Sebastien Ogier's first drive with the VW Group, supporting 'Wings for Life'.

The clearcoat with sparkle..............

photo3-th.jpg

photo-th.jpg

photo4-th.jpg

photo5-th.jpg

photo1-th.jpg

There are in the kit bumper mounted night lamps, but they cover decals so I left them off.

•  

Thanks again Jim, yes the World WRC round starts there soon, should be great. I look forward to seeing it on the telly!

12 minutes ago, PatW said:

Thanks again Jim, yes the World WRC round starts there soon, should be great. I look forward to seeing it on the telly!

We don't have it televised here,just tid bits on the news,but on a clear night I can hear the roar of the engines,have not been to any yet don't like the crowds,anyway it must be time for sleep in your part I am showing almost midnight used to keep a check on the times when my oldest daughter lived in London,Cheers and a goodnight.

Good Morning Jim, it's 7.41am Thursday here in the UK. Looking at the time of your message it's about the same time 7 hours ago.

How odd not televising the local World rally in your area/country. Sponsors are always complaining about the lack of local televised sport across the world. We watch Supercars racing in Oz and other parts of the world on the SKY Satellite channels and notice their change of car/team sponsors depending on where they are racing each round. 

Edited by PatW

36 minutes ago, PatW said:

Good Morning Jim, it's 7.41am Thursday here in the UK. Looking at the time of your message it's about the same time 7 hours ago.

How odd not televising the local World rally in your area/country. Sponsors are always complaining about the lack of local televised sport across the world. We watch Supercars racing in Oz and other parts of the world on the SKY Satellite channels and notice their change of car/team sponsors depending on where they are racing each round. 

Super Cars are a total difference they have air play nearly all weekend,and the Big Daddy of them all down here Bathurst which is next month is on all weekend,used to like it when I was young when they had a lot more different makes of cars and you could go to the dealer and almost buy the same make of car(I'm showing 9 hours,that is London time,don't know if you have time difference,we start daylight saving soon so will be a difference again,Cheers 

Yes we get the whole Bathurst race and I watch it! Yes we 'change the clocks' soon too! So many complaints from parents having their children walking home from school in the dark, plus street light emission saving. No common sense these civil servants who it doesn't effect.

6 hours ago, PatW said:

Yes we get the whole Bathurst race and I watch it! Yes we 'change the clocks' soon too! So many complaints from parents having their children walking home from school in the dark, plus street light emission saving. No common sense these civil servants who it doesn't effect.

Yes you are sure right about the daylight saving,no sense,bit like the women who said the extra hour would fade her curtains Ha Ha,anyway keep out of the sun Cheers. 

What sun! We have about a weeks worth of sun over two and a half months!