PG millennium falcon preview pics

TimMather

• 1 month later...

I am going to get an Empire Strikes Back version with the extra landing gear bays (my favorite version), which should eventually be released. That gives me enough time to start saving up for it considering the cost of one kit exceeds my modeling budget for a year

4 hours ago, Richard Baker said:

I am going to get an Empire Strikes Back version with the extra landing gear bays (my favorite version), which should eventually be released. That gives me enough time to start saving up for it considering the cost of one kit exceeds my modeling budget for a year

I completely get where you're coming from Richard, but if it never comes to fruition, then what?

In event Bandai chooses not to release a 1:72 ESB Falcon then I suppose I will try and find one of these kits to build.  do think though Bandai is too smart not to take advantage of recycling their existing tooling and by swapping a couple of sprues marketing a whole new kit (I can see even a TFA/LotJ variant as well).

I can be patient and wait and see. I am 59 and even if I never buy another kit, I still have more kits in my closet-of-doom that I will not live long enough to build as I envision. Since I got married my building has tapered off, most of the time it is now with my son as I teach him the art of buildups and pass what I have learned onto him. In the mean time, I will watch these new Falcon kit build threads, take notes and live vicariously though others.

• 11 months later...
2 hours ago, Robert said:

Looks like Hannants will be getting this https://www.hannants.co.uk/product/BAN01206

Robert

I don't know how I'm going to try and persuade the Mrs to let me get one of these. She already got me the Fine Moulds 1/72 Falcon and I've just scored an original MPC version from eBay with her blessing, along with several other Star Wars kits. Might be a step too far..... 😉

Karl

2 minutes ago, Karl said:

I don't know how I'm going to try and persuade the Mrs to let me get one of these. She already got me the Fine Moulds 1/72 Falcon and I've just scored an original MPC version from eBay with her blessing, along with several other Star Wars kits. Might be a step too far..... 😉

Karl

The Hannants price is the best I've seen, it also says if you put it on back order you can save 10% so that makes it around £314 which is great but still out of my budget at the moment.  It does look awesome though.  I am part way into an MPC build but i keep putting it down as the inaccuracies put me off, i guess i will either finish it one day or,if I win the lottery, throw it and either get a fine Molds or this Bandai beast.  At least its not the £900 that De Agostini are asking!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tommygunn1972 said:

The Hannants price is the best I've seen, it also says if you put it on back order you can save 10% so that makes it around £314 which is great but still out of my budget at the moment.  It does look awesome though.  I am part way into an MPC build but i keep putting it down as the inaccuracies put me off, i guess i will either finish it one day or,if I win the lottery, throw it and either get a fine Molds or this Bandai beast.  At least its not the £900 that De Agostini are asking!

Keep working on the MPC Falcon (don't throw it!!) I had one when I was a kid and I now want one to accurise; one with shallower side wall's and engine detail, etc. The Fine Moulds is an amazing kit with outstanding detail, and represents the ship with five landing struts. The Bandai kit is like the MPC kit and represents a three landing strut version but with far, far more detail. 

Plus, there is always the Lego version.....

Karl

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Karl said:

Keep working on the MPC Falcon (don't throw it!!) I had one when I was a kid and I now want one to accurise; one with shallower side wall's and engine detail, etc. The Fine Moulds is an amazing kit with outstanding detail, and represents the ship with five landing struts. The Bandai kit is like the MPC kit and represents a three landing strut version but with far, far more detail. 

Plus, there is always the Lego version.....

Karl

My skills aren't up to accurising the mpc kit especially as there is so much to do, the cockpit and canopy is woeful in fact I can't think of much right with it 😂😂

I have googled what needs to be done and I don't envy you Karl, make sure you put a WIP up on the site if you get round to it, I would love to see it done step by step👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Tommygunn1972 said:

My skills aren't up to accurising the mpc kit especially as there is so much to do, the cockpit and canopy is woeful in fact I can't think of much right with it 😂😂

I have googled what needs to be done and I don't envy you Karl, make sure you put a WIP up on the site if you get round to it, I would love to see it done step by step👍

Cheers, I will definitely do a WIP whenever I get around to building it!

Karl

17 hours ago, Karl said:

Cheers, I will definitely do a WIP whenever I get around to building it!

That would be immediately Karl, won't it? :fight:

• Haha 1

wow, cool kit but what a price. It does come with the special offer of a free divorce. Its not hard to find just wait until the other half finds out you'll discover it then.

It seems that it does in fact come with the P.E. and LEDs to answer my own question. I noticed on the last link that the pre-order is through Revell? The postage is not included and is listed as from £6

On 10/3/2018 at 9:42 AM, Karl said:

Karl

I had to make a deal with my wife to get one. She knew I had the 1/350 Refit Enterprise in the stash but felt it was too big so if I got rid of that, I could get the PG Falcon. Thankfully it didn't take long to sell the Enterprise and I got my copies to go with the Fine Molds one. 

Carl

Over at the RPF someone told he spoke with an employee from Revell at the Model Hobby convention in Leipzig, Germany and he got told that Revell made a deal with Bandai to distribute a limited amount (around 800-1000) of Perfect Grade Falcons in Europe.

They also have the PG Falcon displayed at their booth: 

Edited by Wulf