StuG IV the firs armour

Hi dear colleagues!

I have never builded any armour at all. Never))) I am the aviation guy))) But my chief at work fouded out about my hobby... Once he asked me to build a TANK for his office shelf. There is can not be denied to your  superior, esp if you wanna to have vacation in august ))))))

So! No problems!

Here the my FIRST armour in scale! 

I still do not know how to gat a true mud and dust immitation, but i like it. It doesn need much caereful as an aircrafts but it needs a lot of new build cpeciffics!

Please welcome! Any critics and comments are welcome!

Best rgds! Egor!

P.S. Sorry for my Trzan english!))

20170910_223658_zpsnvpuwq7t.jpg

20170910_223929_zpso893by6h.jpg20170910_223924_zps1cej2lxf.jpg20170910_223920_zpsy4fcpvfo.jpg20170910_223914_zpsmzsb6u8c.jpg20170910_223759_zpsbsg3vtro.jpg20170910_223730_zpslw9zh3j5.jpg20170910_223652_zpscdb3j4tb.jpg

• Like 11

Hi Snitok

Your English is a million times better than my Russian!

Welcome to the world of armour. A StuG is a good start and yours would look good on your boss's shelf.

If you decide to stay a while on the dark and dirty side, you will find plenty of WIPs showing how to age an AFV, from subtle, very light weathering, to filthy, beaten-up, rust-buckets. Whichever AFV you chose to make next, search for it in the forums and you're certain to find a WIP that you can follow and learn from.

Rearguards,

Badder

Looks pretty good for a first attempt.

I think if you have an airbrush you should try a light coat of very thin Tamiya XF57 Buff to tone down the contrasts between

the yellow and green and cut back some of the glossy finish.  If you don't have an airbrush then a coat of Testor's Dullcote or something similar would give it a more matt finish.

Yes your English is certainly a lot better than my Russian, I can't even say "Hi" in Russian.

Oh, just a thought, you should try a 1/35 Soviet T-34 as it's an easy paint job being almost entirely green and they are a very nice model.

Lloyd

• Like 1

Thanks a lot, guys! My boss ordered me a Tiger and T-80... So i have to dicide to stay at the dirty side! My local hobby shop has a lot of Wilders pigments... So let the armours discoveingr begin!)))) I have seen a good wip about oil dots method (and used it in a aircrafts ).