M4A3E8 Sherman - Dragon 1/35

Kris B

Another Sherman, this time in the white camo. The worse parts of the kit were the tracks - each link had two pin marks to clean in the painful place. But at all quite nice kit to build.

5KSDDnw2GslUFCK9lWYnL9lz1NmkeAUirJd9NK76

prszNGk_GwVLmg45yDDwtnAJorz6xb8c1ztT8Hxa

RtalDruHHBNSAIF6W5OJUgi7-CYGnJZI8P4A_C-O

eYv87qEgI7n-Resy10h0oco3ZdfYyP03prMgoYKH

hgir_PG2XkbhfLNITz5AtukMEoHZUnA9-P2KhtIe

EFBT4mFAsPAUxeZddlChrypYWIFIm3lURCupj4SK

tyug8oJO5x9r1sLV18hyHXDzW6IfGjCEy9EGIl07

nqcuGWTt4lQAlz-YXF9w7tAvV8ulsaCfWjO7RZT5

ZngF5rpEBe-yOvRBH5mwukvrHy_nbqU_AuWI30Aw

7RSMdGYMZ3VNOw7rIHElp0m7B_4LMHwcrRRvAbyt

ROCE-fgGlnC7CBBgCxZdozUeUgnlD0vQgIy9b30T

BBnlu8oRmvky8XPeqAOEiYMGbID_XRxK1_ZEf48Y

gF8LPaP1HNkxbqxJgtRAQyd-3oUfoeOfbtv_CJ-W

lplIxPuUwzMxeCasKj-VXYfg2hRk6x_FPkQdtOWx

• Like 29

Fantastic winter camo, wonderfully weathered.

I particularly like the horizontal 'scuff' marks on the turret, suggesting that the gun was traversed while the tank was positioned amongst bushes or driving through a hedgerow.

The dirt and grime on the running gear is spot on.

The chipping is superb, chipped where it would get chipped/worn and not just placed in a slap-dash manner.

If I may make a suggestion?

You've dry-brushed some silver over the tools and MGs and whilst they don't look awful, have you ever thought of using a graphite stick (or something like a 6B pencil) You'll get a much better, more realistic effect.

I sand the graphite stick/pencil into a sharp point, dip a brush into the 'scrapings' and dry-brush them over the metal. Then I use the sharpened point of the stick/pencil to further highlight specific details.

The graphite can be removed easily if required, simply by washing off with water. And with that in mind it's best to graphite your tools MGs at the very end of the project. Even a sprayed varnish will remove the graphite. 

Rearguards,

Badder

Thanks lads. Badder, suggestions is always welcome. On last model I've used Gun metal for it and that's may be the similar colour touch as you suggest. That one is to much silvery. 

15 hours ago, Ade H said:

Kris, you mentioned that you have used gunmetal pigment on previous builds. Do you use a shaper tool with it? If not, give one a try, because it makes that messy job very easy indeed.

I used my finger armed with vinyl glove. Any chance to paste the photo of that tool please?

14 hours ago, BlackMax12 said:

What kit is this?

Lloyd

It is this kit

120247-10244.jpg

Model roughly based on that photo (from www.i.pinimg.com)

c2ddb749c00c4fbcbda0f912805ddb51.jpg