1/72 - Saunders-Roe SR.53 & SR.53T-1 "Rocketeer" (whif variants) by AZmodel - released

Homebee

AZmodel is to release at Telford 2017 a new tool 1/72nd Saunders-Roe SR.53 kit - ref.

Sources: 

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235010228-kpaz-central-discussion-questions-answers/&do=findComment&comment=2814267

http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235010228-kpaz-central-discussion-questions-answers/&do=findComment&comment=2815810

So gentelemen, next winner is Snowen250, our Telford Special this year is SR 53 in 1/72nd scale. I would like to ask also Snowen to send me his address.

Thanks to all participants... 🙂

SR-53 boxing - we plan two boxes, one real prototypes and the second what-if schemes. We are looking for the real persons to immortalise them as the pilots fo our whif planes (we are doing it everytime, usually selecting some Czech modelers). Your whif scheme tips are welcomed.

V.P.

Matt-Memory2.jpg

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

The SR-53 was merely proof of concept. The production aircraft was the SR-177, which was under construction when cancelled.

Bah Humbug, pendant!.   

I look forward to this, as the Airfix SR-53, was the first kit I built on my own back in the 60s.

Bring on wiffy schemes.

Thomo.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, The Tomohawk Kid said:

Bah Humbug, pendant!.

Ahem...

Actually, that should be pedant, not pendant.

A pendant is a bit of jewelry typically worn around one's neck.

A pedant however, is "a person who is excessively concerned with minor details and rules or with displaying academic learning."  That, I think is the correct usage you were attempting....

:P

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

4 hours ago, Madoc said:

Ahem...

Actually, that should be pedant, not pendant.

A pendant is a bit of jewelry typically worn around one's neck.

A pedant however, is "a person who is excessively concerned with minor details and rules or with displaying academic learning."  That, I think is the correct usage you were attempting....

:P

The perils of predictive text.

Thomo.

• Like 1

I always wondered why whilst the canopy on the SR.53 was neat and looked like it belonged on a fighter, the canopy on the SR.177 looked as if it had been fitted by the local greenhouse manufacturer.

As for whifs, the SR.53 might look good in an early ETPS scheme.

• Like 5

On ‎11‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 7:26 PM, bentwaters81tfw said:

The SR-53 was merely proof of concept. The production aircraft was the SR-177, which was under construction when cancelled.

Detail!, mere details!! You're correct in what you say but, in Whatifworld, ANYTHING is possible!!:lol:

Allan

• Like 1

Schemes

Source: http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235010228-kpaz-central-discussion-questions-answers/&do=findComment&comment=2837791

(...)The second project for this year is Saunders Roe SR-53A. This project is a result of cooperation with Colin from FREIGHTDOG and we hope it is not the last one.

Again, there are two boxings - Saunders Roe SR-53A prototypes and series production Sauders Roe Rocketeer F. Mk. I. (...)

kamo-prototype-1.jpg

kamo-whif1-1.jpg

V.P.

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 4

I have not heard anything either, thinking of sending a follow up. It might be that Jan is looking to see what the numbers look like for pre-orders