Bashar Al Squarehead's Syrian (& Iraqi) Armour

7 hours ago, Sgt.Squarehead said:

@alexclark  Been meaning to ask.....The Modelcollect T-72A turrets are clearly a bit flat, where would you go about adding to them to increase their height? 

Have you done this at all and if so, do you have any pictures please? 

The MC T-72 kits were too late for me as I'd already built a series of T-72 variants by the time theirs came out. Mine were all converted from the Revell T-72M1 kit so I corrected that turret myself. I took a look at the MC turret a while back and it's much better in shape but I couldn't say much in detail about it. Tankograd make an excellent resin one and the Golikov Project turret is also very good. Here's mine, done about 7 years back:

ev0l1Wt.jpg

Here's a resin copy Imade, compared with the very poor Revell one. I was able to get a few casts done, then modified the master further to create a T-72B turret.

YkI0Oyn.jpg

HHpko8B.jpg

In use on a Libyan T-72M1 I built in 2012.

fnU5NO8.jpg

• Like 4

Cheers Alex.....I'll take some detailed pictures of the MC T-72A turret in due course, it seems to be a bit too well sloped at first glance.

I have three to correct altogether, but two are AVs so the ERA modules will help to disguise the issues.....In addition to that trio, I also have a Georgian T-72SIM-1, which looks like it may have started out life as a T-72A or AV.

nice.  carry on th way you are going.  and that brale scale t-80 (is it?) is absoulutly AMAZING as well as the rest of the tanks

• 3 months later...

Every now and again I find images that genuinely surprise me:

21353584_0.jpg

That's a TOS-1A on a Faun SLT-50, on their way to Mosul (Poor Mosul!  :weep: ).....I've been searching high & low for a novel load for my Elefant.  B)

• Like 1

Well, you know what my preferred option is, but it's definitely a contender if I can't find a suitable candidate.  ;)

Modelling room's a bit upside-down at the moment, but it's all in a good cause.....Just need to find somewhere to put everything!  :frantic:

PS - Is it my imagination, or have they really hung out their washing on their Buratino?  :hmmm:

• Haha 1