beefy66

Hi Geoff

You have eyes like a hawk I did not use the lifecolour paint for the green it was a modified version of the Huron colour I used but as you can see I dropped the proverbial Bo@^*K

Trumpeter colour chart does not show the correct RN codes to use so in my wisdom I used my own idea of what I thought to be right and got caught out by Jamie again  :book: must try harder it used to say in my old school report I know why now  :lalala:

beefy

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The builds looking great, and as you said, colour can be a can of worms! I'm still putting off my Niad as I'm not sure of the colours on her. Really not sure of the flyhawk recommendations, but that's a whole other bucket of worms.

Crack on! Great stuff so far!

Edited by Bugle07
Spelling.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Darby said:

Looking forward to this one. Never seen a Monitor done as yet. Did the PE come with the kit or separate? As for that jar of jelly beans; did you manage to recognise the '36 gourmet flavours?'

Darby this is an OOB build all PE came with the kit very good review by SHAR2 in the maritime review section the kit is a little out on some details but looks good to me

As for the Jelly beans the only thing I got from the jar was a sniff when they were finished by the younger members of the beefy family  ;)

beefy

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Gremlin56 said:

Nice to see it coming along Keith, won't say anything about colors, (my favorite allergy)

:D

Yes you and me both on that subject does bring a lot of discussion with the subject  ;)

Anyway this is the work so far dry fitted most parts to match up how the camo will look and started n some of the fittings bridge screen and stairways

IMG_4413.jpg

IMG_4414.jpg

IMG_4415.jpg

IMG_4416.jpg

beefy

• Like 11

• 6 months later...

OK so trying to clear the decks as it where and getting back to a couple of unfinished builds after going to the dark side and building Sherman variants to try and get my MO JO back to ship building

On 10/28/2017 at 4:13 PM, Gremlin56 said:

Firing those guns must have given the ship a "Jolly good shake" :D Looking very sharp Keith :yes:

I swear that eyeball keeps winking at me may you rest in peace my friend always the gentleman modeller to support us all you are sorely missed round hear

On 10/28/2017 at 5:30 PM, longshanks said:

Neat work !

Not exactly a thing of beauty, I hope her mum loved her .....

Kev

Well I, am told my mother loves me too so lets get this UGLY FUGLY Duckling back to the bench hold on got to get the dust off first  :doh::blush: cough splutter has it really been that long

anyway deck storage painted and directors range finder things built up and primed

IMG_4788.jpg

lost a couple of ladders around the bridge section but have these replacement parts to fill in

IMG_4789.jpg

beefy

• Like 11

17 minutes ago, beefy66 said:
On ‎28‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 17:13, Gremlin56 said:

Firing those guns must have given the ship a "Jolly good shake" :D Looking very sharp Keith :yes:

I swear that eyeball keeps winking at me may you rest in peace my friend always the gentleman modeller to support us all you are sorely missed round hear

Very true :crying:

Good to see you back doing proper modelling, those noisy things are bad for your hearing

Kev

• Like 2

On 5/26/2018 at 2:26 PM, longshanks said:

Good to see you back doing proper modelling, those noisy things are bad for your hearing

Are you on about the big guns or the tanks either way I,am going def or at least that is what I say to missus beefy  :whistle:

On 5/27/2018 at 12:49 PM, JohnWS said:

Nice work beefy.

I've always been fascinated by the 'little' ships with big guns.

Jt9.gif

Thanks John I,am just fascinated by the BIG GUNS

On 5/27/2018 at 8:58 PM, Martian Hale said:

Nice to see this one back.

Martian 👽

Thanks Martian

So small and fiddly update replacement stairway fitted and rails and range finders put on the Aft control deck  

IMG_4793.jpg

IMG_4794.jpg

Few bits to go onto the bridge look out gear then can get them fitted to the decks and start fitting out the storage lockers

beefy

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, longshanks said:

Nice bit of fiddling :whistle:

Kev

12 minutes ago, Hewy said:

An impressive application of frustratingly small pe parts there beefy

Thanks for the support gents I now have to rest my old eyes for a while :hypnotised:

beefy 

• Like 1

Small update on this one few deck fittings and winches added also look out platform and ladders

IMG_4807.jpg

IMG_4808.jpg

added a buff colour and wash to the life rafts

beefy

• Like 9

Working on more of the small deck fittings and guns ready for paint

IMG_4809.jpg

And with my advancing years i have been getting some reference material care of Seadog (Fraser) and a new Kit from Atlantic models for my impending birthday

Thanks missus beefy  :wub:

IMG_4811.jpg

IMG_4810.jpg

beefy

• Like 10

Steady progress matey ….

You wont regret those books :nodding:

:hmmm:That SGB looks tempting and then I think how small it is ….

but then I think it could be a good intro to 1/350

Kev

• Like 2

On 6/10/2018 at 6:20 PM, longshanks said:

Steady progress matey ….

You wont regret those books :nodding:

:hmmm:That SGB looks tempting and then I think how small it is ….

but then I think it could be a good intro to 1/350

Kev

You know you want to  :whistle:

Small update more rails fitted and making a start on the forward mast

IMG_4813.jpg

IMG_4814.jpg

and the smaller rage finders

IMG_4815.jpg

beefy

• Like 7