Antonov An-124 Ruslan Aeroflot Revell 1:144

Hi Martin,

This is superb! Really sharp and crisp with just the right amount of weathering.

As Dave said I haven't seen one finished either.

Did you not fancy opening all the doors?

Hope you get to finish some more airliners!

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 1

Hi Ian,

Thank you very much. I had temptation to leave all doors open as the kit has excellent interior, but then I realized I will lost elegant shape of the Ruslan.

I have another open project with big transporter...IL-76 from Trumpeter. This kit is not so good as Revell's Ruslan but hope it will finish into nice model.

Martin

Thank you gentlemans for nice comments. I am glad that you have noticed the details which I was trying to achieve with weathering.

Just small tip. I have used the same colour to look flaps, panels on the wings differently. I just added more drops of warnish or one drop of white to separete them from boring grey. For the panel libes was used Revell set of weatheri g pigments...really easy to use with water and if you don not like just wash it and you have another try.

• Like 1

Like others have said, that is a real beauty with very nicely done weathering. I like the different panels too.

Also, like several others, I have one of these in the stash and periodically take it out and consider building it. I really want to, but just don't know where I would put it when finished!

Anyway, it is great to see one built up.

Cheers

John

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, MartinSK said:

Thank you John maybe this pictures will speed up yours Ruslan project...looking forward to see another An-124 finished.

My Ruslan will land in parents house as I have no room:)

Your prayers might just be answered as I have just started on my charity shop find one.

Great build by the way

Edited by peterairfix
  • Like 1

What a excellent build and subject! It's great to see one build. Like many others, I have one in the stash, but I dread starting it! I'm happy I can finally see one that has been build without the interior. I like it more that way.

Keep it up!

• Like 1

Thanks a lot. Mine was for a half a year on top of kitchen shelf  as I was not happy about the colour finish. One day I looked at it I realized it is not so bad it needs just some polishing to achieve semi-gloss finish...and in one week was finalized...so go for yours it will be great monster in your collection.

When I am afraid to start some model I am telling to myself...come on, it will be definitely nicer as is in the box :)

• Like 1