1/72 Saturn V

I've just finished going through this entire thread after only discovering it a few days ago. Words almost fail me at the attention to detail and painstaking craftsmanship.

I was a junior in college when Neil Armstrong walked on the moon, and like many thousands the world over, I watched him do it on a fuzzy black-and-white television. I remain in awe of the Apollo program. It represents the best of what mankind can achieve when it sets out to advance the frontiers of human knowledge. As I watched you build this model, some of that feeling returned.

I have been fortunate to meet some of the Apollo astronauts, including Neil Armstrong, and I have friends, some now deceased, who worked for NASA in those days and helped put those astronauts on the moon and safely return them. Your model is the finest Apollo Saturn miniature I have ever seen, and it is a marvelous tribute to those men and women and their work. I am certain they would all be in awe of it, just like those of us who have followed along as you built it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks to everyone who responded with all the kind praise. I'm glad you like the project. I had a great time building it, even though it was testing my limits on some occasions.

15 hours ago, Space Ranger said:

I was a junior in college when Neil Armstrong walked on the moon, and like many thousands the world over, I watched him do it on a fuzzy black-and-white television. I remain in awe of the Apollo program. It represents the best of what mankind can achieve when it sets out to advance the frontiers of human knowledge. As I watched you build this model, some of that feeling returned.

I have been fortunate to meet some of the Apollo astronauts, including Neil Armstrong, and I have friends, some now deceased, who worked for NASA in those days and helped put those astronauts on the moon and safely return them. Your model is the finest Apollo Saturn miniature I have ever seen, and it is a marvelous tribute to those men and women and their work. I am certain they would all be in awe of it, just like those of us who have followed along as you built it.

I was only five years old at the time of Neil's steps, but even so I have memories from the event on TV. The space program of this era certainly represented something extraordinary that still to this day stands out. and I'm sure it will even in 50 more years time from now. Thank you very much for your kind words. I hope everyone that was involved in the project back then would like the model. I see it every day in it's vitrine, but sometimes I rediscover it, and sit down there, just looking at it, thinking back on all the events back then.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...