Fly an MD88 with Delta and get promoted to Captain

Latinbear

Delta are still flying a few MD88s.

Apparently the aircraft is unpopular with pilots hence Delta is prepared to accelerate the promotion of some its younger drivers if they volunteer to fly it.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-30/delta-will-promote-pilots-to-captain-if-they-can-fly-this-old-plane

Unpopular with me as well, having had the pleasure ?of several flights during visits to the US.

Dark,dingy,dirty,noisy just a few of the words I could use to describe them.

I've flown on a few DC9s or MD what ever its called and it was never my favourite choice of aircraft.

Ian

• Like 1

Hello

Adria had been operating DC-9s and MD-8xs for almost three decades and sold its last DC-9-32 in 1999. When in 2002 Croatia based charter operator Air Adriatic bought two second hand MD-82s, Adria did some maintenance for them. When the first one had been towed to the platform in front of hangar, half of the Adria personnel was there to greet her. Still, even back in the 80's some considered MD-80 series aircraft as mere flying computer. Real men fly DC-9s, as it has been repeatedly stated by one of Slovene female airline pilots. Cheers

Jure

• Like 1