Airfix, The Golden Years Group Build. Classic Airfix 1950's- 1980 Chat

Hi all i tried posting my 1976 tooled airifx 109e in the gallery at around 23.57 yesterday! Better late than never right :o

Site went down though for me around at that time i mean i know i left it late but any chance of me slotting in somehow ;)

Cheers lads no bother if i cant though!! 

2 minutes ago, degsye39 said:

Hi all i tried posting my 1976 tooled airifx 109e in the gallery at around 23.57 yesterday! Better late than never right :o

Site went down though for me around at that time i mean i know i left it late but any chance of me slotting in somehow ;)

Cheers lads no bother if i cant though!! 

@degsye39

Nice to hear from you. Just letting you know that in order for your build to qualify for entry into the GB Gallery you must start a WIP thread first. I know there's plenty of newish BM members and many potential GB builders out there (which is great), so it may be best to look at the GB rules and see what needs to be done. Looks like you may have missed out on this one, however rest assured there's plenty of fun filled group builds to be part of. Go to the GB section and look at what is currently open and those GB's that will be starting soon. I hope this helps. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

@degsye39

Nice to hear from you. Just letting you know that in order for your build to qualify for entry into the GB Gallery you must start a WIP thread first. I know there's plenty of newish BM members and many potential GB builders out there (which is great), so it may be best to look at the GB rules and see what needs to be done. Looks like you may have missed out on this one, however rest assured there's plenty of fun filled group builds to be part of. Go to the GB section and look at what is currently open and those GB's that will be starting soon. I hope this helps. 

Cheers.. Dave 

Hi dave thanks for your reply mate.. the getting timed out thing might just of been me im not sure, i do feel kind of cheeky asking for special treatment from the mods,, but ey, ya dont ask ya dont get ;)

I did scour the rules of this GB and i dont think a build thread was mentioned ;) i may be wrong mind..  i did not produce a wip thread for the p51 single type build either :o

Not trying to rabble rouse here... honest ;)  Already got my eye on the war in the pacific GB too! 

All good... you'll find that a WIP thread is actually mandatory for all BM GB's, so you might have snuck one in without anyone noticing. I kinda know who's been doing what within this GB as I've been (stupidly) tracking them all on a Build Thread as shown here . Anyway - its all about building kits and having fun, so let's see your 109 in the RFI section, thats always open. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2

I did think that may have been the case :o and im not causing a ruckus here.. it wasn't in the rules for this groupbuild though im sure! i did re read it a few times to be certain. I saw you cataloging the builds ;) and thought maybe something was a miss? i was looking for GB's that didn't require a WIP in all fairness..Because..

Because i spilt a mug of tea on my laptop keyboard last year and lost my B and my N keys! 😂😂😂

So typing now means plugging in a USB keyboard! 😂 And im lazy im afraid ;)

But excuses.. excuses i know.. Roll on starting something for the pacific GB

I did join the GB's with the hope of pulling my finger out!

But.. now i know eh ;) what is the RFI please squire is it like a members gallery or something? In that case i might have to take slightly better photos without my hand in shot! 😂

and this is what my post GB workbench looks like this morning

DSC02250

something is needed to fill this space. Others have thanked the leaders, but I would also like to thank the 100 or so members whose modelling efforts in this GB who have inspired me to make my own small contribution.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

Well said @Paul821, for its the collective efforts of all that made this one of the greatest GB’s ever. We all deserve a pat on the back or better still a little ‘Vintage Classic’ c/o Hornby for reviving the interest of many of their great back catalogue. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 3

Yes, a big THANKS to everyone involved in this Group Build!

Each and every one of the models (completed or not) has been fabulously done. What a way to use up (or add to) our stashes. I am amazed at the quantity and quality of all the builds, and have high hopes for the Frog GB next year too. 

Well done everyone!

All the best,

Ray

• Like 4

After this great GB, I have had a week or so away from model making, which has given me some time to look back over the gallery pages.  Once you start to do that you realise what an epic achievement this has been by everyone involved, not only in the range of subjects, but also the standard of the finished models, a great number are of a high standard with the remainder being exceptional, especially when you take the age of some of the kits into account. Well done to all. whether you completed a kit or started out with good intentions but then suffered from the type of delays that everyday life throws at us from time to time. 

I too would like to add my thanks to Ian @Lawzer, Mike @Ventora3300 and Dave @Rabbit Leader for keeping us on track and providing one of the best Group Build experiences I have had since joining Britmodeller.

From a personal achievement point of view, I don't recall completing four models in a GB, and two of those, the Fairey Firefly and Avro 504, are models that I haven't built before. I am already stocking up for future Classic Kit builds and have HMS Ajax in the stash and @zebra's awesome airliner builds have led to me picking up two Airfix airliner kits that I failed to make in my 'youf', a Skykings boxing of the Caravelle and a Boeing 727 are winging their way to me, so it's cheers for that mate, I think :winkgrin:

And a final word of thanks to all those of you who commented on, liked or simply dropped by for a look at my builds. Cheers All, it has been a blast.

Regards 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nimrod54 said:

I too would like to add my thanks to Ian @Lawzer, Mike @Ventora3300 and Dave @Rabbit Leader for keeping us on track and providing one of the best Group Build experiences I have had since joining Britmodeller.

Echo the thanks to the Mods for keeping the GB in-line, to all participants for their models.

Anybody who cheered my build along - it's good to have some company on a build. 🙂

• Like 6