Airfix, The Golden Years Group Build. Classic Airfix 1950's- 1980 Chat

55 minutes ago, Enzo Matrix said:

I have to admit to an error on the dates of this GB.  The finish date is actually 7 October, not 23 Sept.  So I have erased all evidence of that error on the GB forum.  :) 

Great news 

With the extra 2 weeks that should be plenty of time to complete one of these;

IMG_4049

With only 353 parts, and the need to knit your own rigging I can't think why we haven't seen a couple of these already  :whistle:

Cheers Pat

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

All that means is that I need to keep running the ‘Build List’ for another two weeks!! Oh well, good thing I actually enjoy doing this.

OK you measly lot , off to the loft you all go to dust of those decrepit Airfix classic boxes, let’s see what else we can add and perhaps top the 150 build mark!! 

Cheers and thanks Enzo (I think?).. Dave. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, JOCKNEY said:

Great news 

With the extra 2 weeks that should be plenty of time to complete one of these;

IMG_4049

With only 353 parts, and the need to knit your own rigging I can't think why we haven't seen a couple of these already  :whistle:

Cheers Pat

I've got one in the stash but the last time I made one of these, when I was perhaps less anally retentive to detail that I am now, took six months; two years now, minimum.  In any case the Pacific Theatre GB starts tomorrow andI'm commited to a scratch build in that of my old man's ship at the Japanese surrender in Singapore.

Edited by Chewbacca
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, peterairfix said:

Time for me to go a hunting and if I am out of the stash cupboard within the hour get air sea rescue to find me😁

Would that be the Airfix air sea rescue launch?  :D

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, peterairfix said:

But I do have one of these in the stash no instructions with it so that will be fun.43628433095_4a85d9eef0_b.jpg

This might help - Link

Three construction sittings and I'll allow you two more paint sessions. We all expect this ready within five days Pete!! 

Cheers.. Dave

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Rabbit Leader said:

This might help - Link

Three construction sittings and I'll allow you two more paint sessions. We all expect this ready within five days Pete!! 

Cheers.. Dave

That's lucky

If it was a British Rail version it would only turn up when it wanted to, subject to delays due the wrong type of snow and leaves on the line ! :wicked:

cheers Pat

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, zebra said:

7 October? 5 weekends, a public holiday, at least one day off in that time. Plenty of time to get the Caravelle finished, and maybe something else. 737, Conet or Belvedere... decisions, decisions...

Go the British mini Wokka - Belvedere is my pick! 

Cheers.. Dave

• Like 2

Just now, Rabbit Leader said:

Go the British mini Wokka - Belvedere is my pick! 

Cheers.. Dave

That’s what I’m leaning towards - trouble is, I want to make it into a production Belvedere, not sure I’ll have time.

But I think I’ll give it a go!

• Like 3

Yeah - there are a few differences between the two. I’m sure I have an article somewhere on what needs to be done, perhaps in an early issue of SAM. Do you have references at hand, would you like me to try and find it? 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2

Whilst I’m thinking about this, does anyone know when the 737-200 was released? Scalemates and the Airfix Tribute Forum don’t differentiate between the -100 or -200 but I think the original 1969 Lufthansa release was a -100 and it became a -200 in 1973 - can anyone confirm please?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Yeah - there are a few differences between the two. I’m sure I have an article somewhere on what needs to be done, perhaps in an early issue of SAM. Do you have references at hand, would you like me to try and find it? 

Cheers.. Dave 

Thanks Dave but I think I’m ok - there are a couple of good online references, and I’ve got a load of walk around photos, so plenty to go on

• Like 2

Ok sounds like you’ve got what you need and a little extra time to boot! I’ll look forward to see what you decide on but think you’ve already played your hand on this one. If this Beaver gets finished in time I’m thinking of going again as well. This is lots of fun! 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 3