Pocher Aventador Build (Blue Roadster)

Dr. Fiat

Started work on the throttle bodies and intake hoses.  The transkit contains some really nice PE hardware for the throttle body sides, which are visible in the engine bay.  Each piece should be a stack of 3 PE parts, and painted gloss or flat black.  The throttle body themselves are silver when completed.  I will post more pictures soon- I plan to show photos of those steps in which I use the actual transkit parts, as there is no good online tutorial for this.  For those that do have the transkit, and have not started the build yet, please ask any questions as I go along.  

Throttle Body 1Throttle Body 1Throttle Body 1

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, rjfk2002 said:

It is not obvious to me how to bend that piece. Perhaps you can trace it on paper and practice. That way if you make a wrong fold you won't ruin the part

I sacrificed one of them to experiment.  It makes a barrel for a small nut to be inserted, to simulate a worm gear.  But the tie cannot be secured through the loop in this configuration, it is too wide.  I used another type for the intake hoses.

Making slow but steady progress on this kit.  Upper manifold complete with all worm/ring clamps, tubing (using Paul Koo's decals and instructions).  It's not perfect, but pretty good for a rank amateur!   After I dress up the "V-12" badge on the front, this item is now complete and ready for installation on the engine heads later.  Thanks to all who have an interest!  D.

Intake CompleteIntake CompleteIntake Complete

• Like 1

Looking Sweeet this...keep it up it looks great.

update on mine is I've just ordered four spare bit from Pocher.

I lost the steering rod...took the rear spoiler off to tighten it and messed up the plastic tread in the spoiler tried another screw which has left a mini dimple on the spoiler top...so new spoiler and brake light as it was riveted on and a new engine block cover as yours has put mine to shame😂

Looking at yours and Roy's from the start has pushed my acceptability up more so thanks both👍

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It's been a while since I posted, but I've been skipping around the Pocher manual, completing steps that require transkit parts.  One of these is the rear suspension, which also includes the power steering reservoir.  The stock part is plastic and lacking great detail, but the photoetched parts in the transkit make it much more realistic.  I also added some simulated bolts and lock nuts on the back sides of the shock center pivots.

Rear SuspensionRear SuspensionRear SuspensionRear Suspension

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Mark Bradshaw said:

Lovely work mate it is looking so good.

Keep the pics up....it's going to be ace when done.

Panel fit and door closing issues with mine at mo😢

Thank you Mark, I'm glad that at least one person is benefiting from this build!  Remember, on the engine lid, the countersunk screws must be used to ensure that the hatch closes completely- this was pointed out by Roymattblack during his build.  Sorry you're having issues with the doors!  My biggest problem is that I cannot get the seats to click into place- I don't want to apply too much force and break the things!!!

Had to cut all the carpet back along the runners and put one side in and levered the other edge in with a small screwdriver.

I stripped the screw holes in the engine cover as I had it on and off so much and it's still not right even with the screws Roy suggested.

Door.....just won't close shut.so frustrating!

Two people benifiting, I was on the verge of getting this kit but heard negative views on it so bought the Heller Citroen instead.

I will still follow this build and if its as good as it looks may still buy one.

Regards Mark.

Mark B.- I thought about that but I was afraid to break a runner.  I'll give it another go!

Mark48- I also love the Heller Citroen and followed Roy's amazing build of that- sounds like a very complicated and well designed kit.  Thanks for the kudos- I hope this car will turn out respectable after all of the little detail fiddly bits I'm putting on it...:)

Thanks

Darin

5 hours ago, mark 48 said:

Hi Darin, Yes I too followed Roys and Kens build of this kit also bought Roys DVD (shall need it). As to the Aventador the blue roadster is

the one I would buy it just looked so right.

Mark.

Agree Mark- this kit, while nowhere near the level of detail of the earlier kits, was exceptionally well done regarding part fit and ease of assembly.  Too easy- I would agree with Roymattblack and others- that it is not too far off from a Burago.  But with this transkit, it certainly makes it much more interesting and pretty much opens the door on how much detail one can put into this model.  It is so expensive (the same price as the kit!) that I am trying to incorporate ALL of it in the build, since I will only be going at this one time.  Hopefully, even the Pocher purists will appreciate the work in the end!

If I built this kit it would be pretty much OOTB could not justify the price of the transkit allthough would add carpet and lights.

Think I'll just get the Citroen started which will be much harder. Have a few kits in the wings to do as well.

Mark.

• Like 1

You need real force to get the seat into the floor. Don't worry the parts are sturdy!  

As as for the engine lid I had fit problems too.  The countersink screws helped as did not using some of the screws that held the side of the body to the main cockpit. I don't recall which set it was but when I left them off the lid fit fine.  I think the screws were squeezing the frame too tightly, distorting the rear deck and throwing the alignment off. 

Rich

• Like 1

Got it!  As Mark suggested, I pried one of the sliders with a small driver and clicked 'em in there.  Interior now complete, with Paul Koo decals on console.  Next will be dashboard unit.

Thanks to all for your encouragement!  I have made good progress on the interior.  Tommaso Iuele's transkit has some nice PE pieces for the instrument bezel, as well as the Lamborghini emblem on the dashboard.  Paul Koo's instructions on detailing and his decals were utilized throughout.  The silver steering wheel center, vent adjusters, and toggle switch panel were painted by my wife by hand, with no masking!  It helps to be married to an artist!!

InteriorInteriorInteriorInteriorInteriorInteriorInterior

Edited by Dr. Fiat
  • Like 3