Hello,Friends - Here are my two 1/72 builds of this type.Like all my models,they're finished in 'Xtracolor Enamels and Varnishes'. I hope you may enjoy viewing them.Thank you.

πŸ˜‰πŸ‘ All the very best,Paul.

'SCALE MODELS GALLERY'

34795102574_7e8ccf84c8_b.jpg

35249530800_0f629bafe9_b.jpg35505854231_f09a6e237a_b.jpg35468150982_ed734740da_b.jpg35505853731_2ef1dfbe03_b.jpg35249526790_5dc78df920_b.jpg'SCALE MODEL SHOW'35468152142_bf9393448f_b.jpg34827423633_54dd5c7d00_b.jpg35249530370_af4cc372f8_b.jpg34795103034_3bed59d860_b.jpg35468152032_1cfded3975_b.jpg34795100544_9f1f817da5_b.jpg

Β 

• Like 52

Hi Paul. As I thought; I knew it would be a good idea to help you get your Flickr issues sorted! What impressive looking Phantoms.Β :worthy:

Looking forward to seeing more of your builds.

Kind regards,

Stix

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Alpha Delta 210 said:

Beautiful Β models of great subjects, Paul.Β :clap2:

Β 

They look rather "flat", though and might look better with a satin varnish? (Just my humble opinion! );)

Hello,Alpha Delta 210 - Many thanks for your very kind and much appreciated reply. To be honest, they were finished with the lightest coat of satin varnish in order to cut the risk of 'yellowing' their markings,etc.Maybe I was too over cautious.

19 minutes ago, PlaStix said:

Hi Paul. As I thought; I knew it would be a good idea to help you get your Flickr issues sorted! What impressive looking Phantoms.Β :worthy:

Looking forward to seeing more of your builds.

Kind regards,

Stix

Hello - and what can I say to you,Sir Stix? Yes indeed,my friend, you've started something now!?😁 Thank you once again for all your help and for your very kind and much appreciated reply.

• Like 1

Hello Paul

Good to see a couple of your builds back on the forum and two smashing schemes to start your Flickr days rolling. The Allcock and Brown scheme is always an eye catcher and your rendition is superb, did you use all the kit decals or were some of the markings sprayed on, either way you are right on the money.

Β 

Cheers

Gary

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Head in the clouds. said:

Hello Paul

Good to see a couple of your builds back on the forum and two smashing schemes to start your Flickr days rolling. The Allcock and Brown scheme is always an eye catcher and your rendition is superb, did you use all the kit decals or were some of the markings sprayed on, either way you are right on the money.

Β 

Cheers

Gary

Hello,Gary - Many thanks for your very kind and much appreciated reply.Yes indeed,it's great to be able to post photos again.Instead of Photobucket,I now use Flickr via my iPad.(Thanks once again to PlastixπŸ‘).

Β I also really love the 'A&B' Scheme.It looks so elegant.This is the subject of my current build but this time in 1/48 scale.

Regarding this 1/72 version,I'm sure the Decals were by Modeldecal.They definitely weren't kit issue.They worked well in the main,but I 'joined a few dots' on the wing and stabilator outer surfaces with delicate brushwork prior to final varnish coat.

Decalling is a stage I really love but the 1/48 option is by 'CAM' Decals.They are beautifully printed but notoriously tricky to work with.They have a mind of their own when it comes to settling down and require fairly 'industrial strength' Setting Solution to behave.I've succeeded with the Wing Tanks and 'fingers-crossed' for the rest😳

Β πŸ˜‰πŸ‘ All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, canberra kid said:

Good to see you back on the RFI @mcdonnellΒ Paul.

John

Thanks very much,John.Yes indeed,I'm delighted.Just need to get some more builds rolled out now!!πŸ˜€πŸ‘ All the very best,Paul.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, camper1 said:

Hi Paul

NiceΒ builds, looks like the decalΒ solution you bought on Sunday worked.

Also looks like you've been working overtime on the kits.

Β 

Cheers

Β 

Ian

Hello,Ian - Many thanks for your very kind and much appreciated reply.It was good to see you at Driffield Show last Sunday.To be honest,I built this pair a long time ago.

Β The Decals that I bought the solution for are for my current build, this time in 1/48 scale.Here's an update photo after having tried the Daco Products solution.The Decals are by 'CAM' and as far as I'm aware the only show in town.Although claimed to be compatible with MicroSol/Set I found they wouldn't touch them.Daco is more 'industrial strength' and seem to have done the trick."Fingers-Crossed" for the rest of the sheet! πŸ˜‰πŸ‘All the very best,Paul.

Β 

13 minutes ago, stevej60 said:

Outstanding work Paul,superb Phantom's both!

Hello,Steve - Many thanks for your very kind and much appreciated reply.I hope the 1/48 'A&B' Scheme turns out okay but the Decals are fighting me all the way.

"Phingers-Crossed!!" πŸ˜‰πŸ‘ All the very best,My Friend.

Paul.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, cngaero said:

A really attractive pair of Phantoms Paul.

They'll certainly stand out in any collection.

Β 

Β 

18 hours ago, Michael Enright said:

Really superb builds with amazing decal work!

Β 

Michael

Β 

14 hours ago, General Jumbo said:

Looking really good - whats not to like?! My build of this kit has stalled as I can't find a set of launch rails for the sidewinders in 1/72 - the boxing i have didn't come with them πŸ˜•

Hello,Friends - Many thanks for your very kind and much appreciated replies.

General Jumbo ( fond comic recollections with your Callsign πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘) I'm sorry your build has stalled.May I ask which kit you have and version you're building?

Hi Paul,

great to see these beauties back in the forum! Hope your 1/48 build goes straight forward and there will be no issues with the decals. I moved my pics to Imgur. Find it a lot easier and faster than Photobucket. Only hope they wonΒ΄t follow the Photobucket foodsteps!Β  Have already edited some of my older posts and hope to be back with something new very soon.

Have a nice weekend

Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β Β  Mario

• Like 1

On 9/9/2017 at 1:00 AM, mcdonnell said:

Β 

Β 

Hello,Friends - Many thanks for your very kind and much appreciated replies.

General Jumbo ( fond comic recollections with your Callsign πŸ˜ŠπŸ‘) I'm sorry your build has stalled.May I ask which kit you have and version you're building?

Hi Paul. Its the 1/72nd Fujimi RIAT scheme boxing (although I am finishing it in the early 43sqn camo scheme). Its probably about 97% finished and has been like that for a while sadly. Need to finish off the by putting the stores on but no pylons for the AIM-9s unfortunately. I'm not skilled enough to scratch build them either!

• Like 1