Hoping for advice on building Lancaster EE133 UM-C2

ExiledFish

Yes those are 30lb incendiaries, with 8 per SBC and the items in front of the Cookie look to be 4.5" photoflash flares.

Chris, what exactly are you asking? I posted that pic to show the size difference (height) between the deep SBC, and the smaller ones.

Jari

15 hours ago, Finn said:

Yes those are 30lb incendiaries, with 8 per SBC and the items in front of the Cookie look to be 4.5" photoflash flares.

Chris, what exactly are you asking? I posted that pic to show the size difference (height) between the deep SBC, and the smaller ones.

Jari

When I first viewed the picture, all I could was the top 1/5 of the picture. Today, I can see it all, but it took about 3 minutes to fully load up. Reminded me of the early days of Internet.

Chris

1 hour ago, dogsbody said:

When I first viewed the picture, all I could was the top 1/5 of the picture. Today, I can see it all, but it took about 3 minutes to fully load up. Reminded me of the early days of Internet.

Chris

I had the same problem when i first found the pic, my download speed was way down for some reason but it is a large pic. The site even has one that is 22.MB!

http://www.550squadronassociation.org.uk/pages/550-sqdn-photos-aircraft.php

Jari

• 3 years later...
24 minutes ago, Reg Gibson said:

Hi, did you finish the build of your Lanc?

I'm taking the plunge soon on the 1/48 Tamiya as UM-N2 from 626 Sqn JB141

Finding photos of 626 aircraft is a challenge so I'll just get a generic set from Hannants

I'll try and post a few from a local author who covered No1 Group in Lincolnshire . . . . .

Re books that have all the Lanc serial numbers I have three, the two already mentioned (The Definitive Record by Harry Holmes and The Story Of A Famous Bomber by Bruce Robertson) plus The Avro Lancaster by Francis K Mason. I haven't cross checked them mind so it's possible that there may be some differences, however in many cases new books simply re-use information from previous publications so I expect all 3 to be pretty much the same.

The good news is that all 3 are still  available on Amazon.

Regards

Colin.

In Chris Ward's 1 Group Bomber Command (Pen & Sword, 2014) the following are listed as having borne code UM-N2:

JB141 From 100 Sq.  FTR Brunswick 14-15/1/44

LL798 To 300 Sq.

LM689 To 166 Sq.

ND864 From 460 Sq.

PD393 FTR Nuremberg 16-7/3/45.

No photos of any 626 Sq aircraft that I can see.

• Thanks 1