- SUKHOI Su 30MKM - 1/48

IPMS19

- Well, summer closing to an end, time has come for serious modelling....... To be short, I want to built this....

Airliners net phot removed

- Using this......

YYJIlF.jpg

- The transkit comes from an old Sol transkit for The Su 33 naval fighter to be adapted to the Flanker C two seat Flanker from Academy, Neomega Su 30 MKK cockpit set, Amur River vectored exhaust. Quick boost Flanker nose cone.

- I don't know I will succeed or not .The whole game depends on the compatibility of a transkit made for a single seater to a two jocks beast as first it requires an heavy surgeonnery to the forward part of the fuselage. Everythings depends on this and on the fit of the resin parts..

- I think I will be slow ,to avoid boring , I srtill have plenty of Flogger to built for relax , I 'm afraid  It will not be ready in time for Telford SMW  .....but who knows.....!

• Like 10

29 minutes ago, exdraken said:

wow!

what do I see here?

is that a SOL conversion set? or the "Coatian - ebay" one? sorry, I miss he name at the moment!

Good luck! looking forward to you build!

- It s a genuine SOL conversion kit made to turn a Flanker single seater into a an Su 33, it is a very comprehensive kti comprising not only the necessary mods to add the canards, but  news wings to show them folded as well as the stabs, all the flaps, inside detail for the canopy , weapon rails and so and so. together with a small decal sheet and photoetched. 

- I bought it some years ago it was gathering dust in my stash it could be possible I bought it on e-bay,but it was some years ago and I don't remember exactly to whom... So, on  one of these hot sunday morning I woke up with this idea.....

Az7Utw.jpg

• Like 1

good choice to use it finally!

I have on for the Su-35/37...

less resin, but same finale goal ;) mabye a MKI somewhen!

by the way, there is a Flanker GB staring end of September I think,  if you are interested!

how do the nozzles look like? usable? mine somehow look a bit small compared to the real thing (in diameter and length :()

36 minutes ago, exdraken said:

good choice to use it finally!

I have on for the Su-35/37...

less resin, but same finale goal ;) mabye a MKI somewhen!

by the way, there is a Flanker GB staring end of September I think,  if you are interested!

how do the nozzles look like? usable? mine somehow look a bit small compared to the real thing (in diameter and length :()

- I may join the G.B if ever

- I will use the Amur River vectoring nozzle, their size looks good at first glance possibily an oversized diameter  to fit the academy fuselage, I've not still measured ,this may requires some sanding of the plastic and  the resin parts to reach a fitting diameter ,that could lead to a possible issue for the building process ..

5 minutes ago, IPMS19 said:

- I may join the G.B if ever

- I will use the Amur River vectoring nozzle, their size looks good at first glance possibily an oversized diameter  to fit the academy fuselage, I've not still measured ,this may requires some sanding of the plastic and  the resin parts to reach a fitting diameter ,that could lead to a possible issue for the building process ..

from th photo above I was not sure if the nozzles could be from from AMUR Reaver!

according to them, their nozzles are the correct diameter....

the Academy Flanker is said to be a bit on the small side, and especially so are the respective resin nozzles by Aires and SOL....

35 minutes ago, exdraken said:

from th photo above I was not sure if the nozzles could be from from AMUR Reaver!

according to them, their nozzles are the correct diameter....

the Academy Flanker is said to be a bit on the small side, and especially so are the respective resin nozzles by Aires and SOL....

- I think the futur problems will not comes from  the resin parts but the undersized academy kit, that is the promise of some rock an'roll building.......B)

-The resin Sol exhaust are visibly too small 

9 hours ago, Uncle Uncool said:

:analintruder: J.M.!

How's it going, my mate?

You, along with my mates Rom and Werner on this thread, is warranty enough that we're going to have fun!

Keep your carpet monster busy again. :lol:

Cheers,

Unc2

-Hi my dear Uncle

- Happy to see you on the line, I wish you 'll have fun with my building, keep an open eye my friend the curtain will rise soon.......

- Well,  time has come to dive in 

- First, this the only instruction notice I have to work with.......

oG9hgb.jpg

- And the extent of cuts to be done on the upper and lower nose

1GUN3Y.jpg

VnqEKH.jpg

- I may rectify the angle of gear wells but I still don't know where I'm going i,n this way, the extent of mods looks rather heavy

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rom1 said:

Hello.

Im rather concerned about compatibility of su33 front fuselage to twin seat plastic parts...

Should you not keep the front in plastic?

- Hi Romain,

-I  elected to use the resin  nose part because it s size look very close to the plastic parts , it has some nice details on it and the end of the apex is one piece so no joint to be look after and eventually sand. I will keep the plastic parts aside just in case there might be any problems, adjustement, or some kind of issue with the Neomega cockpit...For the adaptation of the main resin part  it is that will  decide wether I go on with the job or quit...

Hi!

I think the resin front part will fit good on the underside.

However, I am less confident for the upper side , at the cockpit walls:

b1c16710.jpg

Because Single and twin seaters are not similar in this area to me.

I am maybe wrong.

Bye!

26 minutes ago, rom1 said:

Hi!

I think the resin front part will fit good on the underside.

However, I am less confident for the upper side , at the cockpit walls:

b1c16710.jpg

Because Single and twin seaters are not similar in this area to me.

I am maybe wrong.

Bye!

- Yes I fear that but the game worth it, that's will decide of the rest of the building, if not , I still have the plastic parts in spare with some cosmetic work to restablish the surfaces, dig out the probe housing with some more details to be added...what  will be will see....

good and brave start!

:)

I will definitely take notes!

you are just sacrificing some plastic, not a hobby ;)

I m sure it will work out!

looking forward to the canard shoulders!

Best,

Werner

• Thanks 1

- Removing the eccess parts are very easy to materialise , just follow the structure lines matching those on the drawing .

- I used my faithfull dremel, I was so trusty that I slightly relaxed  and the rear cockpit side has been bitten a bit ,but nothing to really care about

KlezB8.jpg

HJgnY1.jpg

hqM8dt.jpg

aUZeBN.jpg

GliKZK.jpg

6NGE3s.jpg

• Like 5

:blink2: Gash!

That's what I'd call some major surgery on a kit, J.M. A ballsy modeller... ;)

Have you used a cutting wheel in the Dremel tool without having some sort of guides fixed on the kit to aid your cutting?

You ought to have the pulse of an experienced surgeon!

Nice cuts there, mon ami.

Awesome work so far.

Cheers,

Unc2