F-4 Phantom II STGB Chat

PhantomBigStu

On 25/06/2018 at 12:01, gingerbob said:

Wandered over to the stack (a subdivision of 'stash')

I have a subdivision of The Stash as well.  It's called The Ledge.  Kits get moved from The Stash to The Ledge when they will be started shortly.

• 1 month later...
On 6/2/2018 at 4:44 PM, FortyEighter said:

Well, with the 48th B, J and K variants in the stash it would be rude not to take part!

I've since swapped the Academy "Sundowners" for a "Jolly Rogers" so will enter at least one of F-4J, F-4J(UK), FGR Mk1 (Colonial Navy zap + Wolfpack deployed flaps).

Stu, I've also got a Tamiya 1/32 F-4J which has got as far as cockpit completed and installed in upper fuselage.  The build came to a halt whilst trying to make the intakes seamless.  Would this fit the usual 25% criteria?  Can post some pics if that helps - easier than trying to count the number of parts used so far!

Edited by FortyEighter
Typo

• 1 month later...
On 12/14/2017 at 10:56 PM, RMP2 said:

With a bit of luck life will have stopped being ridiculous by the time this comes around.

Got a 1/48 FGR2 and a load of aftermarket stuff stashed for a 1435 Flight Falklands Toom waiting to end up all grey with a white fin - The "F" of my F, G and R trio.

Fingers crossed!

Update!

Yep, I am all good to come and play. :)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've got in 9 total C/D/G/J/FG.1/F.3 options in 72nd, 48th, & 32nd scales.  I'm gonna follow this, though my summer is looking extremely busy away from the bench.  We'll see how things shake out.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

And another one followed me home this weekend.  1/72 Hasegawa B/N.  Up to 13 in the stash now...  The struggle is real.

Unfortunately the acquisition was because of a 40% off sale due to the hobby shop closing.  Going to miss that place being around as it was usually a side trip for me whenever I was heading down to the Seattle area.  I usually tried to swing in and pick up a little something to support them when I could.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, helios16v said:

And another one followed me home this weekend.  1/72 Hasegawa B/N.  Up to 13 in the stash now...  The struggle is real.

Yes it is Growing up i respected the Phantom but it wasn't real big as i concentrated mostly on WW2 birds.  Since I've come back though I've built 3 (J/N/FG.1), have 3 more in the stash (C/EJ/RF-4B). Im planning on at least another half dozen on top of these.

2 hours ago, helios16v said:

I usually tried to swing in and pick up a little something to support them when I could.

Good idea. To always support brick and mortar shops. 

5 minutes ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Yes it is Growing up i respected the Phantom but it wasn't real big as i concentrated mostly on WW2 birds.  Since I've come back though I've built 3 (J/N/FG.1), have 3 more in the stash (C/EJ/RF-4B). Im planning on at least another half dozen on top of these.

Good idea. To always support brick and mortar shops. 

A-7s seem to be have decided to not let the Phantoms have all the fun as a couple 1/48 Es have joined the 2 Ds in the hanger.  :shrug:

• Like 1

On 6/10/2019 at 4:18 PM, helios16v said:

Unfortunately the acquisition was because of a 40% off sale due to the hobby shop closing.  Going to miss that place being around as it was usually a side trip for me whenever I was heading down to the Seattle area.  I usually tried to swing in and pick up a little something to support them when I could.

Sorry to hear your local has closed :( 

whaaaa!

Did not have this one on my calendar..... :banghead:

so quick decisions are necessary now.....

German late F-4F or orange Test Special? 

Spanish RF-4C? or F-4C-

?who can update me on Phantom RECCE noses in 1/48 please?

or a Greek one (upgraded) one...

of course a Brit one would also be possible....

will have to see what needs less research and additional parts/ mods.......

Edited by exdraken

Whoa! Where did this GB come from? I am sure it was for later in the year 😉

At a rough count I have 25 Phantoms in the stash, all 1/48 scale. Revell, ESCI, AMT, Italeri, Hasegawa, Academy and Eduard. I kinda fancy a dirty war worn Vietnam era USAF example, loaded to the teeth with dumb bombs.

Must finish an F-104G first.

Michael

• Like 2

Quick  question folk's,were there ever 1/72 decals for the first RN Phantom with No 1 F4-K painted on the side? I've seen photos of this plane.

17 hours ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

@PhantomBigStu, having read your rules im still not sure where you stand with a Egg plane phantom. Am entering with a proper scale model too. 

That is a an oversight, not a fan of egg planes but I tell you what, assuming the schemes are based off a real F-4 then yes it can go in the gallery :)

• Like 3

5 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Quick  question folk's,were there ever 1/72 decals for the first RN Phantom with No 1 F4-K painted on the side? I've seen photos of this plane.

"Early British McD Phantoms" by RAM Models (RAM72-001)  -  fantastic sheet for 10 options all of which would look great.....but RAM Models is the outfit everyone has being having problems with, so no idea if this is still available. My sheet is dated 2014

Two "No. 1 F-4K" options on the sheet for XT 595 as seen in June 1966   - one has the "McDonnell" title in red along the fuselage. Also on this sheet is "No.1 F-4 M"... I would have thought Xtradecal has done a few of these too

spacer.png

• Like 1