Caudron G.4 Hydroavion Copper State Models 1/48

Xmald

Thanks for the invitation! I`ll be more than happy to build it as a part of this great GB.

I`ve decided to start the Caudron. The kit contains extra sprues with the floats and beeching trolleys along with trestles. They are great cause IMHO the floatplane looks a little bit peculiar without them on the ground.

LggcfKy.jpg

• Like 16
  • Sad 1

Hi Xmald,

Welcome to the GB! You have chosen a beautiful and challenging aircraft! I wish you the best of luck and will be watching with interest!

Do you know if this aircraft exists in 1/72?

Cheers

Jaime

16 hours ago, Xmald said:

The kit contains extra sprues with the floats and beeching trolleys along with trestles. They are great cause IMHO the floatplane looks a little bit peculiar without them on the ground.

What a fascinating choice of subject, 'peculiar' with or without beaching trolleys!!  Look forward to seeing you pull this one together.

Thanks!
I`ve started painting the wood grain bits of the nacelle. I`ve used  XF55 as a base and artistic oils varnished with  Clear Orange. I think I`ll try to work some more on these parts to get a more refined result.

iano9xv.jpg

QxnjSiU.jpg

I`ve also glued the Le Rhône 9C engines. I`ve just added the push-rods and the wires. After seeing the pics I think they require some touch ups.
I`ve tested the Chrome Silver for the first time  ;)

raew9lo.jpg

3coPApL.jpg

p70Ut4M.jpg

• Like 16

On 9/2/2017 at 2:17 PM, jrlx said:

Do you know if this aircraft exists in 1/72?

Jaime

Jamie,

I am not certain whether a vacform had been made of this type - others may have more information than me because I was away from the hobby for a long time and have no interest in vacforms anyway. There is certainly no kit in this scale, but a while ago I did make one from scratch. There is a build log on Airfix Tribute Forum scratch builds and in ww1aircraftmodels.com. I will try to put up some pictures in the RFI section of this site later: my model is of a land plane not float plane.

• Like 2

Great to see that you have joined this GB Xmald. As usual you will be working your magic on this type: unlike many I too enjoy the challenge of rigging, but as yours is i 1/48 scale you have the joy of adding the anchor points for the wires!

Will be following with interest.

P

20 minutes ago, pheonix said:

Jamie,

I am not certain whether a vacform had been made of this type - others may have more information than me because I was away from the hobby for a long time and have no interest in vacforms anyway. There is certainly no kit in this scale, but a while ago I did make one from scratch. There is a build log on Airfix Tribute Forum scratch builds and in ww1aircraftmodels.com. I will try to put up some pictures in the RFI section of this site later: my model is of a land plane not float plane.

Thanks for the info, pheonix. I'm also not into vacform kits but I'd been tempted by the challenge to build this one in 1/72 if it existed in injection moulding.

19 minutes ago, pheonix said:

as yours is i 1/48 scale you have the joy of adding the anchor points for the wires!

Call me mad but I have a few 1/72 Eduard PE frets with stretchers and control horns for biplanes and use them whenever the aircraft had them.

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

Thanks for your feedback!
Some cockpit details:
The seatbelts are scratch built.
I`ve used Green Stuff to make the pilot`s seat more comfy ;)
I`ve also replaced the compass. The one OOB is fine but I just like to make some details on my own.
I`ve decided to install the wireless - whether Hydroavions had them or not is unclear but I think it`s a great detail. Also, my logic makes me believe that they had them installed.

ff5dXAC.jpg

Gka8tvS.jpg

OSwjVj4.jpg

• Like 12