F-15 Sidewinder launch rails

Parns

Here's a question for the Eagle gurus. Has the F-15 had the LAU-128/ADU-552 Sidewinder/AMRAAM launch rails throughout its career, or have they only been introduced in recent years? I'm building an early Hen, and was wondering whether I should invest in Metallic Details' resin replacement set. TIA.

I'm no expert but it would depend on how early an Eagle you're doing, my understanding is the Lau-128 is a launcher rail compatible with both Sidewinder and AMRAAM. As the AMRAAM entered service around 1991 I'm thinking thats possibly around when the launcher was developed/entered service. The Eagles been in service since the mid to late 70's, not sure what the standard launcher was beforehand. 

Muzz

• Like 1

As mentioned the LAU-128 didn't start showing up until the AIM-120 did, in the initial time they would have one LAU-128 on the outer station and the early launcher on the inner, for the AIM-9. I think the Promodeller RM 1/48 kit came with that option. You can see how the launcher has a wedge shape on the nose in this pic

https://catalog.archives.gov/id/6499817

Jari 

• Like 2

• 4 months later...