This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

Exterminatus

Gloster Meteor F.Mk.8 WF677 1/48 Airfix

I'm quite happy with the resilt, although the Airfix kit can be pain in the (...) :wall: sometimes. But in the end it's a beautiful bird..

Cheers from Czech rep.

Andrew

03.jpg

01.jpg

06.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

17.jpg

19.jpg

20.jpg

22.jpg

Sweet.

And an excellent job on the nose fit. If you don't mind my asking, did you follow the instructions there, or did you attach each half of the nose cone to the respective fuselage half?

Very very nice..........Great colour scheme too !

Now that's a stunner!! I especially like the first picture, and that despite the fact I'm not a fan of intake plugs...

Thanks for posting.

Jeffrey

That`s one nice Meteor you did there, looks superb. Great job

I wander in and out of wingey things every so often, and it's always a pleasant experience to see a model like this. Absolutely stunning. It almost tempts me into building aircraft again.......no...No...NO! get thee behind me Satan!

John.

That is a sheer Delight.  Lovely lovely work.  if you don't mind me asking what did you use for the High Speed Silver?

Rob

Hello Andrew,

Very nice meteor, tidy painting

subtle weathering, you did great !

Sincerely.

Corsaircorp

Just beautiful.

10 hours ago, Steve Coombs said:

Sweet.

And an excellent job on the nose fit. If you don't mind my asking, did you follow the instructions there, or did you attach each half of the nose cone to the respective fuselage half?

I can't answer for the builder although I am of the opinion that anytime a kit has a plug to install on a fueselage it is best to deviate from the instructions and line those halves up with the fuselage.

The seam in the middle is always easier to eliminate.

Beautiful in every way. The overall smooth finish is perfect. Very tempted to crack open my kit now after seeing this. 

Cheers.. Dave

21 hours ago, Steve Coombs said:

Sweet.

It would by much easier to attach each half of the nose cone to the fuselage first, but I've lost the attention there and did follow the instructions to the letter. Bad idea..

17 hours ago, robgizlu said:

That is a sheer Delight.  Lovely lovely work.  if you don't mind me asking what did you use for the High Speed Silver?

Rob

It's a mixture of Semi Matt Aluminium, Light Grey and White.

Thanks for the comments!

Andrew

Best Meteor I've seen. Excellent work there and very well photographed. Makes me want to get one, immediately.