Gloster Meteor F.Mk.8 WF677 1/48 Airfix

I wander in and out of wingey things every so often, and it's always a pleasant experience to see a model like this. Absolutely stunning. It almost tempts me into building aircraft again.......no...No...NO! get thee behind me Satan!

John.

10 hours ago, Steve Coombs said:

Sweet.

And an excellent job on the nose fit. If you don't mind my asking, did you follow the instructions there, or did you attach each half of the nose cone to the respective fuselage half?

I can't answer for the builder although I am of the opinion that anytime a kit has a plug to install on a fueselage it is best to deviate from the instructions and line those halves up with the fuselage.

The seam in the middle is always easier to eliminate.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Steve Coombs said:

Sweet.

And an excellent job on the nose fit. If you don't mind my asking, did you follow the instructions there, or did you attach each half of the nose cone to the respective fuselage half?

It would by much easier to attach each half of the nose cone to the fuselage first, but I've lost the attention there and did follow the instructions to the letter. Bad idea..

17 hours ago, robgizlu said:

That is a sheer Delight.  Lovely lovely work.  if you don't mind me asking what did you use for the High Speed Silver?

Rob

It's a mixture of Semi Matt Aluminium, Light Grey and White.

Thanks for the comments!

Andrew

• Thanks 1