Char 2C tail (Niko or scratch-built)

Ade H

I've had a Char 2C taking pride of place (and the best part of a shelf to itself) for a little while, but at a mere foot long, maybe it's not quite impressive enough! I've always wanted to add the tail which these tanks tended to carry, but the options seem to be buying a Niko resin kit directly from Poland or scratch-building one. I don't mind which I do, but one may be expensive and the other seems beyond me without data.

So, do you know whether the Niko kit is available from anyone in Britain?

Alternatively, have you ever seen plans (or at least measurements) for the tail?

Jadar Hobby in Warsaw have the Niko item for about €9.  Not too expensive.  Plus shipping of course: about €12 all in.  Being in the EU (for now!) there are no customs or VAT issues.

https://www.jadarhobby.pl/niko-model-np-35001-the-tail-for-char-2c-135-p-38890.html?manufacturers_id=126

I buy from them regularly - in fact I'm waiting for a parcel as we speak - and they are excellent, completely reliable.  Buy from them with confidence.  If they say they have it stock, then they do.  Delivery can be a little slow.

But have a look at what else they have, as they stock a lot of stuff not commonly seen in the UK and their prices for products of European origin can be much cheaper than in the UK. I tend to get anything RB or Panzer Art from them.  I know you've already built the 2C, but check out the Agama French paint colours (and others) if you're thinking of more French.

You'll probably get a few more items for the same shipping cost.  I believe the next shipping price band is about €8, and you'd be surprised what that covers.  I got 13 relatively small items in my current order for that shipping cost, which makes it quite reasonable at about 61 cents each.

€ prices not so good at the moment.  They offer payment in $US or Zloty, which might work out cheaper.  You can pay in € or $ by PayPal.  Zloty will need to be paid directly by card, but your card provider will fleece you £3 or so in fees.  Which can be worthwhile.  Check out the equivalent prices on Xe.com.  I saved about £30 last year on a large order by paying in Zloty.

Edited by Das Abteilung
addition
  • Thanks 1