West Coast Air Twin Otter

It's a pain when the tools do not work properly and make a mess of the work, Chris... It's better waiting for the new airbrushes and get your mojo back in the meanwhile.

Cheers

Jaime

• Like 1

OK! Thanks, guys. New Sino-clones have arrived and are functional (what more can I want for £10-15?), so I've sprayed some colour thinned with just a drop of AV thinner, and opacity is substantially improved. Now I just need to:

1. Spray a load of white to clear up all the bloody overspray! Even areas that I think escaped nicely turn out to have the odd tiny dot of blue. Must mask properly... but even where there was masking, I've had some serious bleed, as suspected.

2. Brush paint the lower nacelles as there are parts that just cannot be sprayed.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

My dander was up last night, I was feeling keen to push on and complete the job. Started to unmask, at which point it became clear just how much light overspray was obvious on the white, and how there were still areas with intense blue. Still, began adding some more white, and then ... snap. One float came off, with the inter-float struts snapped in the middle. Mojo well and truly sapped once more. It didn't go in the bin, but it's been banished for the time being to the top of the cabinet!

• Sad 3

3 hours ago, jrlx said:

That's sad... I hope you eventually recover your motivation. I think we'd all like to see the TOtter finished.

Cheers

Jaime

I second what Jamie said Keep going the end of GB is a ways off yet Looking forward to seeing this done 

Martin H

• Like 1