Groupbuilds for 2018

We now have 7 groupbuilds confirmed for the 2018 poll.  There are available slots for 9!  There are also still 2 slots available for STGBs.

If your favourite GB has reached the threshold, please let me know.

Let the lobbying commence! 

Neither do I ? As im interested in joining my first group build. I put my name on three proposed lists  for 2018 just below this post. I put in for the Grumman, small scale, and P-47 thunderbolt builds. Hoping one of those gets picked and hoping i can get in on this.  

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1

There'll be GB voting in November, so you'll be able to make your feelings known by voting for the GBs that you want to do - no guarantees that those you want will get the nod, of course.

A bit of a browse through the GB Chat forum here will put you right as to what's currently been proposed, as well as the proposed GBs that are eligible for the vote (I believe that Enzo is using a ** prefix to denote those.) If there's one that you like the thought of but it's not currently eligble, post in the thread and get your name addded to the list, then gently promote the GB to attract more entrants and/or voters. It's all fairly democratic round here, although there are rules to be followed (also available in the GB Forum).

• Thanks 1

I'm quite confused by some aspects of the group builds here. I've not encountered the concept before. I expressed interest in one, but the member who initiated it hasn't visited the forum since June and I'm left doubting whether it will go ahead. The whole GB thing seems to be quite vague, for want of a better word, and I'm not comfortable with vagueness.

Vagueness is probably not the correct word within the context of the group builds setup.  Someone suggests a subject for a group build and, usually, asks if anyone else would also be interested in contributing/building something for that GB.  If the subject sounds a popular one then it can be put forward as an entry into the next available GB slot (there's quite a queue for these GB's and the diary is already full until next year).  If there is enough interest, the GB gets accepted and is put forward to the membership, along with all the other GB requests, for everyone to vote on what we want to go into the next (in this case 2018) GB calendar.   The GB would need a sponsor and co-sponsor, who are members on this forum, and they would have to manage the requests, queries, and general running of the relevant GB until it's successful completion.

Perhaps, in the case of the GB that you are interested in, there wasn't enough interest to take the subject forward any further.  Consideration should also be taken, in the case of the initiator not being on-line since June, that some occurance; such as workload, family issues or other commitments,  has prevented their involvement at present.

I hope this generalised explanation will help until the GB manager comes along with a more definitive answer.

Mike

• Thanks 1

No, I think that I probably had about the right adjective. If I have interpreted your description correctly, a GB could have enough interest and still not happen because some other people vetoed it. The mention of a calendar seems odd: surely, these things are not discrete events which cannot happen concurrently?

Good afternoon Enzo

If I don't make a Mistake the Republic P 47 Thunderbolt STGB has reached the threshold     http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235013183-republic-p-47-thunderbolt-stgb-ii-in-2018-we-are-just-25-today-0509/ but so far the Douglas DC3 /C 47 Skytrain STGB still needs 3 more participants to get qualified and the Grumman Gb is at 32 http://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235012904-grumman-gb-in-2018-we-are-32-today-03092017/

Patrice

for those interested, any of the proposed GB's that have ** in front on them have the required number to go through to the voting stage.

here are the ones the currently have made it through to voting, in no particular order:

Carriers Ahoy GB

Grumman GB

Maritime Patrol & Costal Command GB

Nightfighter II GB

WhatIf IV

The Duel GB

11th Hour GB

Hawker GB

plus The Pacific at War GB has the required 30 interested parties as well.

if I've count right, Enzo will confirm....

• Like 1

On 9/3/2017 at 2:59 AM, Ade H said:

No, I think that I probably had about the right adjective. If I have interpreted your description correctly, a GB could have enough interest and still not happen because some other people vetoed it. The mention of a calendar seems odd: surely, these things are not discrete events which cannot happen concurrently?

Ade, due to the popularity and work load group builds generate for some, the numbers are limited for a calendar year, they are also spread over the year with some overlap so that as many people as possible can participate in each group build.

As you can see from the current GB calendar (in the linked post below) there can be up to 7 GBs running at the same time during the middle of the year.