Nie pójdziem żywo w trumnę (1/72 IBG RWD-8)

Procopius

Great save on the gap PC :thumbsup: 

The photo-etch cowl panel works. 

It's going to be a corker of a model.

Best regards

TonyT

PS: Very nice video of the family; not long now :D!

• Like 1

I'm not aware that Sir Henry Newbolt  had much to offer the expectant father, or indeed the modeller come to think of it, but glad to see that you are still in the game PC.

The sand of the desert is sodden red, -

red with the wreck of a square that broke; -

the gatling's jammed and the colonel dead, 

and the regiment blind with dust and smoke. 

the river of death has brimmed his banks, 

and england's far, and honour a name, 

but the voice of schoolboy rallies the ranks, 

"play up! play up! and play the game!" 

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, TheBaron said:

I'm not aware that Sir Henry Newbolt  had much to offer the expectant father, or indeed the modeller come to think of it, but glad to see that you are still in the game PC.

I trust you've read Byron Farwell's book Mister Kipling's Army? He was an American engineer in WWII who served with the British in North Africa and developed a lifelong fascination with the British Army thereby; the book is a wonderful little social history of the Victorian Army.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Procopius said:

I trust you've read Byron Farwell's book Mister Kipling's Army? He was an American engineer in WWII who served with the British in North Africa and developed a lifelong fascination with the British Army thereby; the book is a wonderful little social history of the Victorian Army.

I have not read this, but suspect now that I'm going to! 

• Like 1

Well, not much progress on any front lately, as the car got a flat tire, I got a cold, and Mrs P got a fever. The tire was easiest to fix, and I suppose that after a week or so in the death-grip of Man-flu, I'll survive, but it's really maladministration bordering on the criminal for the Mrs P's employers (she's a Montessori teacher) to have rejected her request to be put on staff duty instead of working with a classroom at the start of the school year. Every year, she gets some fresh new strain of the Peruvian Death Flu from these germ-encrusted goblins, and every year, nothing is efficacious against it: not flu shots, not Vitamin C, not a saint's knucklebone. Nothing. It's maddening!

I sawed off the rudder (actually I used a Tamiya scribing tool) so I could use the neato resin rudder from Arma:

20170913_202335

I also painted the seatbelts on the etch fret:

20170913_202344

And applied some filler over my repairs on the starboard nose. More will need doing there, I think.

• Like 8

How did I miss this? Sorry PC, but I've caught up now...

Very nice work on the cowling and internals :)

I hope the finger has healed (nasty!)

Pondering on the meaning of life and your position in society? Hmmm. The trouble with that is, IMHO, is that you're often surrounded by snarky people who would rather point out your faults than your strengths and successes. I know you're also immersed in social media and that, to me, just allows the trolls and snarks to comment unchallenged. What they need is a good poke in the eye. Time for Teddy:

“It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat.”

I know you're "the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood" - I've seen your posts and not just in this thread!

Stay strong Egbert (shoulder barge, man hug) - your BM tribe is here to show their respect and admiration.

All the best wishes for the new arrival - on tenterhooks here! :D

• Like 9

Very much enjoying this build and commentary.

Sorry to hear of your encounter with Peruvian Death 'Flu. Could this be a feature in all Montessori schools? Our son lives in Norway, north of the Arctic Circle. You know - where the cold kills all the bugs etc. assuming you're not the first victim before it gets to the bugs.

Both he and our grandchildren suffer from countless and nasty maladies every year during the school term.

So much so that we're afraid to visit them during school time.

I've suffered the nastiest virus's ever, including one that left me with Bell's Palsy for a while. How I wish that Bell had kept his palsy for himself! This year we went during the school holidays and had nothing, in fact we returned feeling healthy.

Anyway, enough of the health scares, great work and interesting subject. Good luck with it and may you encounter no more nasties.

Dave

• Like 5

Yesterday, on 14 September, we welcomed Grant Douglas into the world. It wasn't an easy delivery, I'm sorry to say, he came out diagonally and it all looked pretty excruciating.

Here he is with Mrs P, and Winston, who has the haunted look of a man who knows when the jig is up:

37074360022_e3eb22e230_k.jpg2017-09-15_01-27-04 by Edward IX, on Flickr

Very sad to hear of what appears to have been a terror attack on London on Battle of Britain Day. Clearly they don't understand who they're dealing with. I hope the injured can be helped, and the guilty caught and punished.

• Like 21

Congratulations to you all PC :party:!!

:partytime:

Poor Winston's expression  rather does match your description :D.

I hope the cold and flu subside and you can all concentrate on enjoying the new addition.

Best regards

TonyT

Happy to inform you that Grant just has hydronephrosis in one kidney, and no cysts -- stuff is just backed up into it. This can fixed with surgery, and sometimes it even goes away by itself, but he'll grow up with two kidneys and he should be okay. Huge, huge, huge relief.

• Like 24