Grumman "Goose" JRF5, Loftleidir Icelandic

Nice.

I always had a dream of buying a Grumman Goose and using it to fly high paying nostalgia tourists around Pacific Islands from classy hotel to classy hotel... Sigh!!  

Any im keeping an eye on this one...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, pabbi said:

I am afraid of all that resin, for me I think this one will be a real challenge 

You shouldn't be scared of the resin parts. Using resin is not so difficult. You should only be careful not to breath the resin dust, as it is harmful to one's health. Therefore, my approach to cutting and sanding the resin parts is as follows:

• I always wear a respirator mask
  • I also wear latex gloves, but this is my standard practice to avoid staining the plastic or resin parts with my fingers
  • I cut and sand the parts on a damp kitchen paper towel to prevent the resin dust from spreading all over the place
  • I replace the paper towel frequently to avoid a great accumulation of dust

when glueing the resin parts you'll have to use super-glue (Cyan-Acrylate). It hardens fast, so you should use the slowest setting variety when glueing parts than need some fit adjustment.

You can see a lot of resin parts in use in my on-going MiG-29 build.

Cheers

Jaime

PS: great pictures of the Goose!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I will watch this with interest as I have this kit.

Mine will get built as "Cutters Goose" as I have wanted to do it for a long time (had the decals for 6 years) 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 04/10/2017 at 15:56, Skids said:

Mine will get built as "Cutters Goose" as I have wanted to do it for a long time (had the decals for 6 years) 

"Tales of the Brass Monkey" as my late father used to call it.

• 2 years later...
On 10/4/2017 at 3:56 PM, Skids said:

Hey @Skids have you started your goose yet? I just got my Signifer kit and the decals are on the way :nerdy: